interior upholstery

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mazdamxstyle

interior upholstery

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Hey everyone, I just bought my vinyl im doing my seats like the guy at <A HREF="http://www.mazdamaniac.com" TARGET=_blank>www.mazdamaniac.com</A> I know its not cool to copy but I had planned to buy new seats and completely change my interior when I bought my car 2 weeks ago. I bought matching red vinyl that gos exactly with my red exterior (brilliant red). Im just about to begin here tomorrow and would like to know if anyone has any tips for me before I mess something up. Ive been talking with the guy who did his and hes cool but doesnt really wanna help me so im attacking this on my own. has anyone else done this? alright im done with this post... sorry to long
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
marsinner

Re: interior upholstery

Post by marsinner »

what's up, I too asked him to help me out, but i decided to do it with my moms help, i purchased the material, got the seats out, and at first I was going to do the seats, but figured itd be way too hard to saw it, so I did covers instead...should have done seats...in the end I ended up getting the seats professionally done...and they look sweet, don't have any pics yet, but will soon. I got them both done for 500 no tax at MANNYS upholstry in Toronto.
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

I just got my seat covers off and im now cutting them at the seams and lining them up and cutting out all my vinyl. My moms a professional seamstress so she can sew it all up in about an hour or so per seat. Im almost done with my first seat prolly in a couple days ill post a pic of my first seat thats completed. adios fellas!
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
MAZDASPEED STEVE

Post by MAZDASPEED STEVE »

Whooa buddy slow down before you get to excited and make a mistake. I'm working on my seats right now as well, with my mom of course, who's also a sewing pro. <BR>1. make sure you cut the vinyl on the same bias as the original seat covers or your seat covers won't fit properly, be able to get sewed properly, and could rip at the seems when you sit on them.<BR>2. Don't cut anything! Take your time with a stitch remover, and iron out each piece so you have an exact measurement when you start tracing the pattern.<BR>3. use some of the original pieces on the new covers ie. where the hog rings get clamped and don't lose those hog wires either.<BR>Just trying to be helpful, I know the last thing anyone wants is to have the seats all done, not like the way they look, and have to get them upholstered professionally.If need anymore tips just give me a shout. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
THANX
MAZDASPEED
STEVE
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Well i didnt cut everything up I took all the seems out and taped them to the vinyl and cut out the exact copies in my vibyl material. Im also saving the original padded pieces where your back and head goes because of the padding. Im just sewing the red vinyl over it. And i did what you said im saving many of the pieces from the original like the zipper and the part where the hog rings go(im gonna use wire ties). Im also saving the entire back piece since its the same vinyl Im already using. But thanks for your help man ill post when Im done with my first seat
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Hey everyone I have the top section of my first seat done and it looks AWESOME its black/red with red in the center and headrest, Im using the same style the stock is but with black/red vinyl. its a perfect fit on my seat and next up after the second seat im redoing my side cloth panel part in the same red vinyl as well as painting my vents and center peace in red, im guessing about another month or so before my interior is done (not including the neons that are going in thats another story) ill have some pics as soon as I get my friends digital camera. adios fellas!

Return to “Appearance”