Neon Underbody kit

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
canadian_ice

Neon Underbody kit

Post by canadian_ice »

Hey,<P>Does anyone have one of these? I'm looking for some feedback - i.e. price, difficulty of installation, how good it looks, etc.<P>Even if you don't have one, I'm still interested in what you think.<P>Thanks! [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Witherow

Re: Neon Underbody kit

Post by David Witherow »

i dont have one yet...( need other things first) but they look awsome not to expensive and easy to install....my shop sells them for 285 + tax ( thats can. $ )
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

they range for around $100-$200 depending on brand and what type ie lava lamp or lighting or liquid or just plain neon. the neon isn't too difficult if you have a jack or a lifting thing. the difficult part would probably be the wiring. everything else is just mounting the tubes. looks would depend also. on my opinion, i wouldn't have it on unless you were leading a convoy of 5 other cars so they can find you easily, if most of the body was stock, etc. just be prepared for those people who claim to be racers and will criticize you. also i would check your local laws since it's illegal in some places.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Thanks guys.<P>Does anyone know if it's illegal in Ontario? :D
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

as far as i know......it is legal as long as you cant see any tubes just the glow.....
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

u sure caveman? if i get pulled over, i expect some ticket money from you =P
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
roly_39

Post by roly_39 »

Hey. We sell them at the electronics store i work at too. A few of the guys have them on their car and they look good. As far as i know (from research and my g/f working at the police station) you're only allowed to have them on while parked. I believe it says somewhere on the box "for show only". While driving, you're not allowed to have any neons on inside or outside the car, just like the dome light. In case it distracts other motorists. Not that it would distract a lot, but what can you do? And if you're putting neon license plates, you can't even put matching ones in front and back. In back you're only allowed red ones, and in front anything but red. Most cops won't even bother you with any of this nonsense(not here in N.B. canada anyway), i'm just saying what i've found out, because i want to put some neons under my car too. I could have found wrong info too, so don't bash me if you find otherwise...hehe
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

thanks for the info roly. ask your gf if it's illegal to put in aftermarket license plate bulbs that give off a blue color...because i have them on. most of my friends said as long as you can see the license plate at night. i gotta be careful when driving at night with my interior neon and my undercar neon. i guess i should watch out for cops having a bad day huh?
- team slideways
roly_39

Post by roly_39 »

Most cops probably don't even know whether it's illegal or not to have undercar neons, neon licence plates or colored licence plate bulbs. It's not a big priority to them. But sometimes in small towns with nothing much going on at night, i suppose they could use it as an excuse to stop you and check you out. So if getting stopped causes a problem for anybody, do not put any neons on you're car. Or stop drinking and driving, one or the other...hehe. Just kidding, if i knew anybody on here would drink and drive i'd b---- slap you :-)
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

well i got nabbed for having the neon plate on my car...but i was smart i had it on a switch, so when i got the ticket i took it to the reporting center and showed it to them and they voided the ticket.....i have yet to see anyone get a ticket for having the undercar neons on their cars.....about the legality of it i was told by a friend that had gotten pulled over for a noise violation and that is what the cop told him.....hear in canada technically the only lights that you are supposed to have on the back of your car are white red and amber so if you have blue licence plate bulbs you could get nabbed for it but you can usually get the ticket voided it you take it to the cop shop and show them that they are removed.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

well i got nabbed for having the neon plate on my car...but i was smart i had it on a switch, so when i got the ticket i took it to the reporting center and showed it to them and they voided the ticket.....i have yet to see anyone get a ticket for having the undercar neons on their cars.....about the legality of it i was told by a friend that had gotten pulled over for a noise violation and that is what the cop told him.....hear in canada technically the only lights that you are supposed to have on the back of your car are white red and amber so if you have blue licence plate bulbs you could get nabbed for it but you can usually get the ticket voided it you take it to the cop shop and show them that they are removed.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i know in md it is ilegal, but if you have it hooked to your brakes, and you have red in the rear, amber on the side and clear on the front it is legal<BR>or something like that
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

This is turning into a good thread!<P>How do you hook them to your brakes? I understand the point that when u stop, theyd come on (I think thats what you're saying).
DVH

Post by DVH »

i fu*kin got one for having blue neon under the car! and im in georgian college to be a cop! what am i thinking!???<BR>later guy and gals!<BR>ps: mine is on a switch , but i never seen the pig! so i never got it turned off! [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by caveman:<BR><STRONG>well i got nabbed for having the neon plate on my car...but i was smart i had it on a switch, so when i got the ticket i took it to the reporting center and showed it to them and they voided the ticket.....i have yet to see anyone get a ticket for having the undercar neons on their cars.....about the legality of it i was told by a friend that had gotten pulled over for a noise violation and that is what the cop told him.....hear in canada technically the only lights that you are supposed to have on the back of your car are white red and amber so if you have blue licence plate bulbs you could get nabbed for it but you can usually get the ticket voided it you take it to the cop shop and show them that they are removed.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>they didn't check to see under the car for any tubes or for any switches in your car?
- team slideways

Return to “Appearance”