Hood

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bakedyeti

Hood

Post by bakedyeti »

i just ran into the back of my friends SUV and his tow hitch jacked up my hood. Instead of getting it fixed i figure i'd by something nice like a carbon fiber hood. I can't find anyone that sells custom hoods though. any help?
VizualXTC

Re: Hood

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bakedyeti:<BR><STRONG>i just ran into the back of my friends SUV and his tow hitch jacked up my hood. Instead of getting it fixed i figure i'd by something nice like a carbon fiber hood. I can't find anyone that sells custom hoods though. any help?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Look in the group buy forum. Jarid (cjthor) is/was putting a group buy together. I dunno what came of it, but it's worth a look. I believe they were $425-$475 plus shipping. I am also looking into building a personal mold of my hood, and using that to fabricate a cutom carbon fiber hood. If it works out I could get one out to you for supplies, shipping, and maybe a small labor fee. (not too much, I don't believe in charging $50 for supplies, and $400 for labor) The only problem with this is it will be after winter because I don't have an insulated garage to work in, and I'm not in a hurry to freeze my nuts off to make my hood. If you can stand it for three or four months I'd be happy to make you one. E-mail me if you're interested, and I'll definatly keep you posted on what's happening.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
DavePostle

Post by DavePostle »

i just came across your conversation and i don't know that much about cars so i was wondering what actually you'd do to the hood when you were modifying it?
white fish

Post by white fish »

VizualXTC I might be interested in one of those hoods ;)<BR>did you see the November issue of SCC because there was a artical on how to make one yourself?
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by white fish:<BR><STRONG>VizualXTC I might be interested in one of those hoods ;)<BR>did you see the November issue of SCC because there was a artical on how to make one yourself?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I didn't, but there was an article in I believe the November issue of Super Street, or Import Tuner (I forget which) as well that gave details about it. I personally have been working with fiberglass for a while. I will definatly post how it looks when I'm finished. Right now I'm just working out some bugs in the mold making process. But by summertime I should have it worked out, and be all too anxious to get one made. I will let you all know.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dave Postle:<BR><STRONG>i just came across your conversation and i don't know that much about cars so i was wondering what actually you'd do to the hood when you were modifying it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I wouldn't be modifying my hood, I would be building a custom Carbon Fiber hood to replace the heavier ones we currently have.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
white fish

Post by white fish »

oops my bad it was Super Street :D I buy both so I got confused sorry

Return to “Appearance”