turn signals

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hotsiit
Supporting Member

turn signals

Post by hotsiit »

hey guys/gals, i was wondering if anyone can tell me how i can wire my turn signals so that they dont come on unless i actually put the respected turn signal on? like, they wont light up orange, unless i am going to turn and i put the signal on. thanks in advance<P>chris 93RS
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
eunosads

Re: turn signals

Post by eunosads »

umm.. am I missing something? the only time they should come on is WHEN you do select the respective turn signal... <P>what other times do they come on for you?
- EUNOS 30X -
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

OK some confusion is present here, As far as I know the the turn signals should only come on when you select it to turn, however the canadian models have DRL in that turn signal housing, i think. There are two chambers in the housing, a small one holding the DRL in the canadian models and the larger one holding the turn signals and park lights. The turn signal lights should only be on in two cases, 1. you are turning and selected it or have hazzards on.<BR>2. the park lights are on or headlights on too.<BR>If, you have DRL then the small chamber in the turn signal housing should be on when the car is running and not the outer chamber(correct me if I'm wrong)<BR>Hope this points you in the right direction to solving you problem.
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

I think he means when he turns the car on and the amber lights are on then...
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
white fish

Post by white fish »

the bulb in there(1157) has 2 filiment(sp) one lights up when you put on your park light and head lights if you replace it with a bulb with only 1 filiment that looks similar in size it should work
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

hey guys, thanks for all the help / replies, i think i will try and do what white fish suggested, seems to be easier than trying to mess with the wiring. later<P>chris 93RS
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche

Return to “Appearance”