Indiglo Gauge Needles

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
white fish

Re: Indiglo Gauge Needles

Post by white fish »

I got this Email to day from matt at <A HREF="http://www.ImportIntelligence.com" TARGET=_blank>www.ImportIntelligence.com</A> <P>"Your MX3 must be an earlier type of MX3 with the solid white needles. Your car is not compatible with the kit, the needle sizes are the determining factor for needle brightness. there are low profile light rings that sit under the oem needles to make them glow.<BR> <BR>-Matt <A HREF="http://www.ImportIntelligence.com"" TARGET=_blank>www.ImportIntelligence.com"</A> <P><BR>I could be wrong but I think every year mx-3 has solid white needles which means this kit wont work for us unless we get needles form a different car <BR>any suggestions?????
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

matt told me that the 92 mxs is not compatible with the indiglo needles as well...someone help because i would really like to get this kit.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
white fish

Post by white fish »

DJPRO how are you going to install the kit?<P>anyone know if you can just take the needles off another car and put them on ours?<P>anyone want to send me there broken needles?
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I paid an installer. He put the clear needles from another vehicle, I believe from a Nissan 240, along with reverse indi-glo w/ white with dark blue font which looks awesome. The needles are a little brighter compare to the gauges but it can be adjusted. I should be able to see my installer this weekend to find out what vehicle he got the needles from. Sorry about the delay, but I've have been busy and don't have a chance I look @ my computer that often.
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
white fish

Post by white fish »

DJPRO did you talk to your installer this weekend where did he get your needles? do they just fit directly on? can he get them for me? any pics? cost?<P>sorry so many questions [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I finally had a chance to speak to my installer, he told me that he got the needles from a Nissan 240 in which he got the idea from the website. He had to sand the back of the neddles and used cement (like Krazy glue) to secure to the gauges. He had to cut the long needles do to being too long for the face but the short needles were fine. Unfortunaly, I don't have scanner nor a digital camera to show my gauges or the rest of my vehicle. I perfer to spend my money on other things. Like my car. :D
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING

Return to “Appearance”