Best way to clean alloy rims

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
macnwigs

Best way to clean alloy rims

Post by macnwigs »

Hi,<P>Does anyone have suggestions on the best way to clean up stock alloy rims from a '92 GS...I'm having it painted in a week and the wheel are looking kind of crappy...<P>Mac
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
Nottahonda

Re: Best way to clean alloy rims

Post by Nottahonda »

Give the tweakers down at the car wash a little wire brush, some Alumaclean, and a couple bucks and watch 'em go!!! heheh :p<p>[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: Nottahonda ]
Casey Guthrie
[email]goesfast@theraces.com" target="_blank[/email]
macnwigs

Post by macnwigs »

Any idea where I could pick up some "Alumaclean"? The lesser Toronto area is the actual city...I'm in the burbs, where everything is greater!
"A man is only as old as the woman he feels"
Groucho Marx (1895-1977)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
-Albert Einstein
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i found that simple green is the best...<BR>and i put alittle more than the concetrated directions says....plus it wont mess up your paint....or do what i do abot every six months soak my wheels..in it<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I've found that 2 things work really well. <P>1. SOS Pads. Don't worry they're not that abrasive, they won't scratch the hell out of the rims.<P>2. Any type of Pool Vinyl Cleaner. I've got some stuff called "Off The Wall" clearly designed for getting grime and stains off of the walls of your pool, but it works fantastic on my rims too.<P>Good luck!
1993 MX-3 RS/GS-R Under Construction
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

Are you having the car repainted or the wheels? If the car, then just ask if they do alloy wheel powder coating or if they know of a company that will restore your factory rims for ya. If you have some cash just buy some new rims, in my opinion. They don't have to be expensive to look good. <P>Be careful with some cleaners as some of them don't do the paintwork any good, always rinse well and dry.

Return to “Appearance”