Polish for headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Brainless

Polish for headlights

Post by Brainless »

Where can I get polish for my headlights IN CANADA. All the online store I found where charging me 10-30$US for shipping in canada and there's nothin at canadian tire.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
back alley

Re: Polish for headlights

Post by back alley »

at canadian tire get 'autosol'. it says it's a metal polish on the front but if you read the whole back it says it also works on plastic. i used to use it on my fairing windshield when i rode bike. i just used it last week on my mx-3 headlites which were very cloudy. now they look new and i can see lite when i drive at nite. hth
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brainless:<BR><STRONG>Where can I get polish for my headlights IN CANADA. All the online store I found where charging me 10-30$US for shipping in canada and there's nothin at canadian tire.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>ok but last time I went there I ask 3 person and they all said that they didn't have that
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
back alley

Post by back alley »

i live in edmonton, maybe they have a different inventory here. if you can't find it there, i'll pick some up here and ship it to you. it's not very expensive.
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

OK I got it...but honostly, I think the result is medium. The problem is only one of my headlight is scratch because a a crash and even after polishing both, I can see the difference. It not all that bad.
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
back alley

Post by back alley »

sorry it didn't work that well for you. it made a real difference for me. when i look at the headlite covers they look clear and when the lites are on they are brighter. i used a medium amount, a clean soft workcloth and rubbed in circles - and then finished with a clean dry cloth. once again,<BR>sorry.
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

Do you HAVE to use a buffer to get the headlight lens sparkling. I used a Turtlewax polish by hand, it cleaned it a little, but it still doesnt look new.
hi
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

I picked up a product called "Peak" at Home Hardware, it worked greeat for me lenses. I also you it to polish the plexi glass for my subs. It cost around 7$. Good luck .
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

I picked up a product called "Peak" at Home Hardware, it worked greeat for me lenses. I also you it to polish the plexi glass for my subs. It cost around 7$. Good luck .
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.

Return to “Appearance”