Dome Light

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Mx-3 Gs-x

Dome Light

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

has anyone here done their dome light, meaning change the bulb to a blue bulb, i have seen some on ebay and im wondering if any one know the size for the bulb in the mx3, if anybody know let me know thanks
KiSs My a$s......yEa
Marlon

Re: Dome Light

Post by Marlon »

i got some blue bubls from canadian tire i think there 94b or something i forget but it turned out to like like a baby blue so i'm gonna put a blue neon in there
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

Yep - 94R (R for Red) from Canadian Tire! (Great minds think alike).<P>They're $4.86 for a pack of 2..so dont buy on ebay
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

There are a few different bulbs you can use for the dome. check out this website, it has all the bulb sizes for all the lights in mx-3's. <A HREF="http://www.xtremewhite.com/light_bulbs.cfm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.xtremewhite.com/light_bulbs.cfm</A>
freakuency

Post by freakuency »

i want to change my lights also, but i don't know how to remove the cover? does it just pop off or do i need a certain tool to remove it? please let me know..
'93 MX-3 GS<BR>Ractive Dual-tip 3" Muffler<BR>Ractive strut tower Bar<BR>Custom CAI
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

Don't touch the cover. The bulb comes out from the back of the cover. Open the hood and look around the back of the cover, you should find it. I think you turn and pull to get the bulb out.
hi
back alley

Post by back alley »

he is asking about the dome lite!!!<BR>in the manual it shows the lite panel and a small screwdriver prying the 2 ends off. looks like it's upposed to pop off. i know the trunk lite comes off easy with hand pressure alone.
zx6r

Post by zx6r »

How bout reverse lights??<P>I haven't got my tech manual and haven't played too much yet, easy removal methods??<P>Thanks guys<P>Tawheed
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

I went with Eurolite Xenon bulbs, what a difference, I can actually see something when i turn them on at night now! Installation is a snap.. Just grab the whole dome and pull down.. the whole unit slides out of the headliner. Unclip the wiring harness. Then take a small flat screwdriver and from the back side push on the tabs, get one side out a bit and the other side will pop out when you pull a bit. By the way, now's the perfect time for some custom painting!
1993 MX-3 RS/GS-R Under Construction

Return to “Appearance”