Installing Washer lights?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
canadian_ice

Installing Washer lights?

Post by canadian_ice »

Just picked up a set of blue LED washer lights for my MX-3...<P>Nothing new here - I'm confused :(
DVH

Re: Installing Washer lights?

Post by DVH »

hey, bud!<P>i just cut the piece of metal that covers the nozzels till i could see the washer nozzel.........with metal cutters......doesn't matter what it looks like because it gets covered up by the black foamy piece! u understand??? hope so, wasn't too hard!<P>later
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

I took a set of plyers and just bent the metal out around the nozzles. cut the metal or bend it out, you could probally push it back to almost normal when your done.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

DO NOT butcher your metal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<BR>You DO NOT have to cut, bend, pry, (or otherwise f**k up your hood). I installed some and they were a piece of cake. The factory nozzles are not held in with screws, they just have 2 clips that have to be pressed and the nozzle pops out from the top. Use 2 flathead screwdrivers and press the tabs inward (towards eachother) and then push the nozzle up (towards the topside of the hood, not the underside). Check out this link...someone else had this question. <BR> <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 7&t=000118" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... =000118</A>
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

RanMan - is this do-able without taking off my hood though? I don't really wanna do that.
DVH

Post by DVH »

k, rain man!, u can't do that because there s a piece of metal under the hood....u can't even get a finger in there! <P>just cut the sh*t man! who cares.u can't even see it! but of course its up to u, u can take the whole thing off, but for little washer lights, i wouldn't ! later [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Car Domain Web page MX-3
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Hey Dumbass Van Horne (DVH), you don't need to stick your fingers in there. You need to stick 2 small screwdrivers in there. Maybe if you would spending more time reading what people write, rather than "roller balding" (as taken from your website), you would understand this. You have no reason to be making fun of me. You do not even know me. You should use your brain, if you have one, and think of the CORRECT way to do things, rather than the fast way. <BR>In response to Canadian_Ice, you do not have to take your hood off, but it is MUCH easier.
DVH

Post by DVH »

woh man!<P>calm down......im sorry !~ holy, i was just saying that u can't get ur fingers in there, yes it may be possible to get two screw driver s in there, but not ur fingers.....im sorry that i rollerblade.....i know it is really stupid when people roller blade...RIGHT? don't jump to conclusions so much bud.........i wasn't even makin fun of u at all, just saying that u can't get fingers in there...if u can than im sorry ! Im WRONG! and yes i know that my way is the fast way, but it's just my suggestion....if u look under my hood and under ur hood......do u think any one is going to relize that extra time u spent on di*king around with screw drivers all day? u can't even see the cuts because it s hidden by the padded black piece. but hey EVERYONE IN MX-3 .COM IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT TO DO , JUST MY OPINION .......HAPPY RAN MAN? so sorry bud.......try calming down a little..ok? later bud :p
Car Domain Web page MX-3
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Thanks., Sorry to "Break you in two" like that, but it seemed (by calling me Rain Man) that you were insulting me. At any rate, our hoods must be different, because the black insulation does not cover the washers on mine. In fact, I cannot even recall having insulation on the underside of my hood (who knows). Anyways, do whatever you want to your car, it is YOUR car. But it CAN be done (relatively easily) with 2 screwdrivers and no cutting.
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

I bent the hole bigger on mine to get the washers in there, but I have a insulator to cover up the holes. I had a really hard time installing mine, I used just the bolts at first and it was cutting out one of the lights. What I ending up doing was using regular electrical tape and taping half the padding to half the washer then shoving it on there with a set of plyers. It didn't fall off on either light and I was able to put the bolt on with no difficulties. I used the plyers to then pull the tape out, and good as new.

Return to “Appearance”