18" Rims

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Justin

18" Rims

Post by Justin »

Hi guys and girls! Has anyone been successful with putting 18" rims on a GS? If so, what mod's to the car did you have to make....like did you have to cut out the inside a little or did you have to use a kit to slant the tires so it wouldn't touch the fender when you turned. Thanks in advance
texmx3

Re: 18" Rims

Post by texmx3 »

my 18 went on perfectly no problems at all but i have not lowered it yet. but some rubbing on the right side
Justin

Post by Justin »

What do you mean by rubbing on the right side? Do you mean touching the fender or inside of the wheel well?
texmx3

Post by texmx3 »

touching inside plastic piece of fender wheel i cut mine off the body of my car
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

i put 18" on my car for about a day ( i borrowed them from work and i didnt have any problems at all and i have the 1.3" drop from suspension techniques
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

18's are ugly, and slow. just my opinion
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

I put 18's on my car and it is lowered 3.5 inches. not one rub or scrape yet. If you get the right offset you wont have to worry. 18's look great and didnt make that much of a difference speed-wise, but I cant burn out like i used to---traction is good.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

On a small car like the MX-3, I think 18's are just toooo big, If you want a nice clean (appropriate) look go with the 17's
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)
precidian

Post by precidian »

I used to think 18s were way to big for the MX-3 but after I bought mine, I totally changed my mind.<P>I have about a 1.5" drop with a set of Apex springs and have not had any rubbing at all.<P>The specs in case you are wondering : 18x8 with a 38mm offset.<P>here are a few pics of the car with 18s.<BR> Image <BR>at importfest.....<BR> Image <BR>they definately look better than the 15s<BR> Image <P>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
precidian

Post by precidian »

the pic didn't work for import fest.. os here is the link....<P><A HREF="http://www.premiercompacts.com/cgi-bin/ ... age179.jpg" TARGET=_blank>Importfest, SkyDome</A><P>cheers,

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

That looks "appropriate" to me. sweet rims man. btw -where did you get the front lip spoiler? who makes it?<p>[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: boostedmx ]
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE

Post by Guest »

I think that the front lip of his car comes standard witha mx3 GS v6 model... could be wrong.
precidian

Post by precidian »

the schin spoiler is the stock one that came with the GS model.<P>here is a pic of the chin spoiler that is currently on my car... it is the one available from TopMix.<P> Image <P>cheers,

Return to “Appearance”