injection system cleaner

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Kim 95' V6 DK

injection system cleaner

Post by Kim 95' V6 DK »

I have just got some injection system cleaner<BR>(the one you put in the fuel) <BR>Have any of you guys tried it out!<BR>if so - did it do any good ? Image<p>[This message has been edited by Kim 95' V6 DK (edited July 26, 2001).]
<I>Why get a car whith more than two doors when your not running a daytime kindergarten</I>
mendel00985

Re: injection system cleaner

Post by mendel00985 »

Kim 95'-yes, I've been using the fuel injection cleaner since '91 and now w/ the mx. They work, but I've always been brand loyal['cause of the good results] and bave always used Gumout-though i'm sure the others work just as well. The important thing is to use it at least on a monthly basis.
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

Yes they work, your gas mileage improves and your engine runs smoother. But to get the best resilts you should use they as often as you change your oil, evry 3000 miles or so. Read the labels for specific instructions. You can find some with some NOS added to it for a small extra boost.<P>------------------<BR>Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
xeffex

Post by xeffex »

So which is it... monthly or every 3,000 miles?
Jordan<BR>1994 White RS
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i thought it was 3,000 miles(oil changing time) i just used some. the guy at the auto parts store said chevron w/ techron works best, but i dunno.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
mendel00985

Post by mendel00985 »

I don't endorse any brand in particular, however I can state that I've used Gumout in both carburator and F.I. vehicles and have never had to rebuild neither; the important issue is to keep the system flowing w/out residue build up [gum-not bubble]. I also take cost into consideration and $4$ I've found Gumout to be more than adequate. Manny BTW: I use on a monthly basis. I view it as cheap insurance.<p>[This message has been edited by mendel00985 (edited July 29, 2001).]
Frenchguy0

Post by Frenchguy0 »

About Chevron Techron stuff, it works...<BR>I had a few problems during the winter (hiccups whiile engine is cold) so a friend of mine told me to stick with one brand of gas. I chose Chevron for their techron and since then my car runs fine, even have a better gas mileage. Plus every 3000 miles I add the small techron additive bottle, at the first full tank after iol change.<BR>What you want to do is first have a shop do an engine/injection clean up to remove most of the build-up and from there keep your engine clean.<P>------------------<BR>Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com
Frenchguy0<BR>'92 GS Emerald Green<BR>crenia@hotmail.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”