Black paint or not?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Outofmymindyo1

Black paint or not?

Post by Outofmymindyo1 »

I was told by a friend that black paint shows every little scratch, dent, and anything else that can happen to your car way more than with a brighter color paint (green, blue, red, any other color) and was wondering if it would be more expensive to get a brighter color than black. Also I would like to know the best color for the mx3. From everyones opinion. Thanks :p
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Black paint or not?

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Outofmymindyo1:<BR><STRONG>I was told by a friend that black paint shows every little scratch, dent, and anything else that can happen to your car way more than with a brighter color paint (green, blue, red, any other color) and was wondering if it would be more expensive to get a brighter color than black. Also I would like to know the best color for the mx3. From everyones opinion. Thanks :p</STRONG><P><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Personally i think black mx-3 looks best in way of agressiveness. Also blue colors are nice... i have special edition (raspberry color) and i like it too<BR>Black shows all that stuff really...especially dents
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

i had a black and it really did show everything that you mentioned moreso than other colors. however, if you maintain it well then it really is a beautiful thing to have a sleek black mx-3.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
p00onU

Post by p00onU »

I have a Super Jet Black Mazda MX-3, it looks great, when its clean. BUT let me tell you this, Ill get it washed, next day you can see the dust on it... IMO it looks the best though, if you can park your car in the garage, shouldnt be to bad though, good luck.
Dont forget that racers are rebels.<BR>_ _____________________________ _ <BR>Super Jet Black 92'Mazda MX-3 RS<BR>Red 92'Mazda MX-3 GS (totalled)
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Black WILL show dents more than other colors. I will tell you this though, if you get ALL the tiny dents taken out of your car and get it painted black, it will look better than just about any color out there. Anyone who knows about paint (such as Car Show Judges) will notice how flawless your paintjob is and how straight the body panels are if your car is painted black. My MX-3 is black and when it is washed and waxed, I can drive down the road by looking at the reflection in my hood, rather than actually looking at the road. I would not recommend doing this often, but it can be done.
canadian_ice

Post by canadian_ice »

My MX-3 is white, and it looks great! The key is to add lots of black to it. Tint the windows black, make your tires jet black, tint the lights...and it looks great.
DVH

Post by DVH »

I think silver loks good..but i would love to have a pearl white colour...tha would look cool
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Esper

Post by Esper »

silver looks awesome, but if you like to detail your car, black can be the most rewarding. until the sprinklers hit it! :mad: i love silver mx-3's, but i don't like the color they use...if i were to re-paint mine i'd do it in BMW titanium silver or something like that. mazda's paint looks flat or something...or maybe the one's i've seen haven't been waxed. but see my car description for how MY car looks...
Dude.

Post by Guest »

Charcoal Gray!... This will make your car look dark-gray/green on a cloudy day and dark-gray/blue on a sunny day.<P>Makes it look very professional (high class german import kinda thing). Go look at the new charcoal gray 540 BMW series... they look AMAZING.<P>Just my opinion,<P>btw... i want to get my car painted sooner or later too and was wondering if i should put a clear coat on (does it make it look better? and is it worth paying that price for it???)<P>Nic :cool: <P>P.S. my car is teal (i really don't like the color... except at night when it looks blue!)
Outofmymindyo1

Post by Outofmymindyo1 »

Clear coat is always worth paying the price. Haven't got my car painted, but I know that a clear coat is what makes the beauty shine.

Return to “Appearance”