Plasma Blue headlights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Rich MX3

Plasma Blue headlights

Post by Rich MX3 »

Does anyone out there know if Plama Blue headlights are illegal in Ontario? I've heard that people have been charged. Also, are other blue lights illegal? such as windshield washer lights, brake lights and license plate lights. Just wanna know if anyone really knows for sure. I'd tried calling the ministry of trans. but they haven't got back to me yet.
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
David Witherow

Re: Plasma Blue headlights

Post by David Witherow »

The only colour lights that you are allowed to have on the front of your car are white and amber, the washer lights im not 100% sure on but my friend did get a ticket for having them, i think you could get away with them if you wire them into your turn signal lights, thats what he had me do. <P> The neon liscence plates are totally illegal cause i've gotten numerous tickets for them but i'll give you a little trick wire it into a switch, when you get a ticket for it you can either tell the cop its on a switch, he may let you off or if he doesn't than you can take it to the police station or reporting center and they will void the ticket. <P> Reverse lights are supposed to be only white but everyone does this, unless a cop sees you backing up and has nothing better to do i dont think you will have much of a problem.<P> With underbody neon kits someone once told me that they called the ministry of trans and they told them as long as the tubes are not visable than you can use them, but im not sure how true this is, ive also herd that if you put the neon liscence plate on the front its legal too. :) :D ;) :p :cool:
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

forgot to add the reason the lights are supposed to be illegal is because they are not factory, which is why the bmw's, etc.. get away with it :D
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

Thanks caveman for your input. I thought they were illegal and just wanted to double check. So I'm guessing amber washer nozzle lights are legal? Also, you talked about the switch. Just wondering how you hooked that up so I can do the same. Thanks.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

dont get amber washers go with the blue and still get the headlights i have them never really had a problem and im sure almost everyone else has headlights with some form of blue in them.<P>the plate i just ran a wire from the batter to a switch and then a wire from the switch to the transformer for the plate and then just grounded it.<P>i did it that way cause i more or less just didnt want it on all the time<P>with the washer nozzel you could install them using a switch as well, so you could turn them off and on at will, if it were me i would hook them up to the turn signals they look better that way just my opinion.<P>just curious how much are the washer nozzels where you are??<BR> :D
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

I am going to buy them through eBay. They go around for $9.99 US + shipping. I've seen the same ones for cheaper but they don't ship to Canada. How much are they where you are? :)
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

my shop sells them for like fourty bucks for the set!!!! i work at a performance shop. :cool:
Deano96GS

Post by Deano96GS »

I've got a set of Super Plazma Xenon bulbs and i live in canada, <BR>They've been used for not even 1 month<BR>They are 9004 <BR>130w/100w output ( bright )<BR>Blue Hue to them.<BR>Make me an offer<BR>PIc : <A HREF="http://frontpage.home.net/deanomachino/ ... 0Bulbs.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://frontpage.home.net/deanomachino/ ... lbs.jpg</A>
Deano, 1996 Black GS<BR>http://members.shaw.ca/mx-three

Return to “Appearance”