Fx body kit help

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
bayoumx-3

Fx body kit help

Post by bayoumx-3 »

I just got my fx side skirts and wing inlast monday. well I went to a body shop today and to have it installed and painted they said would be around $1,000. So I'm going to wait and see if I can't just install it myself. If anybody can give many any information or instructions on how I might do this it would be greatly appreciated. <P>thanx in advace!
Live hard, drive fast, back down to no one.
SirCruizer

Re: Fx body kit help

Post by SirCruizer »

Heres what you do!!!! Cruize on your local strip. Meet some of the people there and get to know them for a few months. Then after you get to be friends tell them hey I got some side skirts and a wing I need painted on... Usally they will do it for cost of supplies and a case of beer. Least thats how they do it around here. Just be sure they dont have to many beers BEFORE they start working. ;)
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
DVH

Post by DVH »

i got the whole kit painted and installed for $170 CDN, the same way the guy above me said, just get to know people.....thats it, later.....re4ally.....try it! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
SmokyMcGee

Post by SmokyMcGee »

took me about 5-6 hours to get it on straight and nicely.. Words of advice.. Silicone, screws, drills and lots of putty to fill your screw holes in.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
bayoumx-3

Post by bayoumx-3 »

I went to another body shop today and this guy was talking about bondo and repainting everything on the car except the roof . he said it was going to cost me $2,000 that's when I gave him the finger and left. Especially since i got a paint job on the whole car just a couple months ago!<BR> thanx for all the posts later!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bayoumx-3:<BR><STRONG>I just got my fx side skirts and wing inlast monday. well I went to a body shop today and to have it installed and painted they said would be around $1,000. So I'm going to wait and see if I can't just install it myself. If anybody can give many any information or instructions on how I might do this it would be greatly appreciated. <P>thanx in advace!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey man u have front bumper cover FX designs? If so, did u had to remove bumper reinforcement to install it or it fits with reinforcement?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
bayoumx-3

Post by bayoumx-3 »

no I got the corksport front bumper!

Return to “Appearance”