Altezza lights soon

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Altezza lights soon

Post by mitmaks »

So you guys saying that they gonna produce clear taillights for Mx-3's ??? cause i need some bad ...thought about making them myself
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

NO CLEARS - Altezzas!<BR>Clears are illegal.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A><BR> barrykclark@hotmail.com
shawnm

Post by shawnm »

Well guys good luck with altezzas, i will not buy them anymore. <P>I have no mx-3, i have sold it on last sunday........ :*( sad day.......<P>cya<P>------------------<BR>shawnm<BR>MX-3 red blaze...POLAND<BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
shawnm<P>miata 1,6 <BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I have checked the law (on Texas government's website) and clears are NOT illegal. The only thing that would make then illegal is that you are required to have a RED reflector on the back of your car. These are located in the taillights, but the law does not state that the reflector HAS to be in the taillight. To be legal, all you have to do is one of two things. One: go to a vinyl graphics store and have them cut you some graphics out of the red reflective vinyl they carry and then put them on your car. Two: take the red reflector out of your factory taillight and put it into the clear taillight. I am not sure if the MX-3 reflectors can be removed, but you can do this on some pickup taillights.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RanMan:<BR><B>I have checked the law (on Texas government's website) and clears are NOT illegal. The only thing that would make then illegal is that you are required to have a RED reflector on the back of your car. These are located in the taillights, but the law does not state that the reflector HAS to be in the taillight. To be legal, all you have to do is one of two things. One: go to a vinyl graphics store and have them cut you some graphics out of the red reflective vinyl they carry and then put them on your car. Two: take the red reflector out of your factory taillight and put it into the clear taillight. I am not sure if the MX-3 reflectors can be removed, but you can do this on some pickup taillights. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah man...ure right they are legal i saw a lot of eclipses round here...cops dont care...<P>
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Alteezas are legal, clears are not.<BR>Alteezas have red lens within a clear housing.<P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A><BR> barrykclark@hotmail.com
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Hey Barry, <BR>Click on this link : <A HREF="http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes ... 54700.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes ... 00.html</A> <BR>Once there, scroll to section 547.303. That states that the signaling device must emit red, not that the housing has to be red. As long as the bulb is red, then it is fine. The thing that would make the clears illegal is the clear reflector. You must have two red reflectors on the back of the vehicle. Check out sections 547.322-547.325 to see this stipulation.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

TN law says no clears, Lens must be red.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I cannot verify that, so I will have to take your word on it. I looked at TDOT (TN DOT's site) and could not find a section for the laws. Have you actually seen the way the law is written? Because I have been told that in Texas clears were illegal, so I went and did the research and found otherwise.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

most people i know who had them, put their stock ones back on, cause they get tired of the tickets. Memphis cops are real strict. My roomate almost went to jail for squealing tires and the ground was wet!
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

Texas and Oklahoma laws are vary similar. This town for its populas has alot of modified cars and we do alot of cruizing and the cops hate that so they try to stop us for everything in the book. We have the same law that you have to have red reflectors and alot of people were getting busted for a law no one knew about. Well as I belive Texas law is written to it doesnt say what size the reflectors have to be so we have a custom shop here that has vary small red reflectors that have adhesive on the back so you can just put it in a descrete place on the back of your car as not to make it look bad but also to follow the law. Cops have busted a couple people I know of that had them and they told the cops where they were and showed them and one guy I know of still got ticketed cause the cop said they werent big enough to see or something like that and he went to the judge and showed him the exact rule where it doesnt specify size and the judge voided the ticket. Just a tip for those that have clear reflecters.
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Yeah, I can tell you that cops who stop you for stuff like that have nothing better to do. There are more important things to stop people for. I think age has alot to do with it also. When I was a teenager I got pulled over all the time (even had my car searched for no apparant reason either). I don't want to jinx myself, but it has been a while since I have been pulled over.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i have never like clears......because yopu need to mod your 3rd tail light to make that clear.....plus on certain car colors it looks dumb<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

if i buy these altezza's ( and i plan to) how much do ya think it's gonna cost me to have them (mechanic or friend) replace my old lights?<P>hgcmx3
-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

Heather, do you mean the cost of the lights AND replacing them or just replacing them? If you have a friend that knows what he/shes doing then it shouldnt cost anything except a hug or kiss or whatever. :)
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic

Return to “Appearance”