Where's the Shine?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Lil Ruby

Where's the Shine?

Post by Lil Ruby »

I have a red MX-3. The trouble is it is hard to keep it a vibrant red. It looks good after waxing but about a month later or 4 to 5 washes it is dull again. What can I do to keep the shine longer? Thanks Image
Bbqman218

Re: Where's the Shine?

Post by Bbqman218 »

I keep asking the same thing. My friend has a Red Corrola and and a couple days weeks later, it looks like crap again. The reds are Single stage on the toyotas and maybe on the Mazdas too. If not sure, I mean the base color (red) and Clear are in the same application. You can usually tell by when you wax, the color rubs off on the cloth you use. I dont know how to keep it shining but to keep waxing. Toyota gave a special wax to go on top of the paint to keep this from happening called , The Toyota Touch Package. But since it ran out, the color soon did too.
Zoom24

Re: Where's the Shine?

Post by Zoom24 »

I think the reason it is doing that is because of sun damage. Red is real bad about fading. Black can do the same if you do not take care of it. The black will begin to look like a faded blue or purple. I know here in Texas it is a real common problem for all cars, except white. The best thing to do is to repaint the car. However not everyone has that sort of dough. So you could try the clear coat idea. But if you try it under the bumper chances are it will give you false results since the sun is not prone to shining there.

Return to “Appearance”