headlight cleaning

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
betakid/mx-3

headlight cleaning

Post by betakid/mx-3 »

yeah i need to get inside the front headlights to clean the film off the inside. How the hell to you remove the face of the light? Anyone got skills, please help. THanx<P>------------------<BR>93,MX-3/GS
93,MX-3/GS
GMGQ

Re: headlight cleaning

Post by GMGQ »

Is it even possible/advisible to take apart the headlight housing? I'm pretty sure it's sealed to prevent water from getting into it. So if you do manage to take it apart, it'll be a b---- to get it back together properly.<P>Are you sure you need to clean the inside? Most people just get a plastic polisher for the outside, and they'll look like new.<P><P>------------------<BR>----<BR>Gary Mui ( gary.mui@sinnovations2.com )<BR>Sales Representative<BR>Streamline Innovations 2<BR>Vancouver, BC<BR>604.312.9588<BR><A HREF="http://www.sinnovations2.com" TARGET=_blank>www.sinnovations2.com </A><BR><A HREF="http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com" TARGET=_blank>mx3slimvisors.2ya.com </A>
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
betakid/mx-3

Post by betakid/mx-3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GMGQ:<BR><B>Is it even possible/advisible to take apart the headlight housing? I'm pretty sure it's sealed to prevent water from getting into it. So if you do manage to take it apart, it'll be a b---- to get it back together properly.<P>Are you sure you need to clean the inside? Most people just get a plastic polisher for the outside, and they'll look like new.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>THanks a few people have said to use plastic polisher so ill try that. Is there a good brand to use?<BR><P>------------------<BR>93,MX-3/GS
93,MX-3/GS
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i've heard tooth paste is good<BR>lol<BR>
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

BONAMI, thats stuffs the s---, use it LIVE BY THE BONAMI, its been round FOREVER, werks wonders, cheaaaaap s---. get it have fun BRIGHT LIGHTS, ohh ya GET SUM HYPERWHITES makes a heck of a differnt drive 130 mph at night heh heh heh,
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I've tried polishing my lights and it worked, except for my driverside light. I'm quite sure it's on the inside. No amount of polishing seems to get that one clean. I think I need to take a heat gun to it to take it apart but I'm not sure what I should use to re-seal it.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:

Return to “Appearance”