winshield washer lights

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
frogchick

winshield washer lights

Post by frogchick »

Has anyone out there purchased the windshield washer light beams? How is the quality? What brand did you get? They look cool on the <A HREF="http://www.plasmalights.com" TARGET=_blank>www.plasmalights.com</A> web site but I am unsure about ordering something like that over the web without knowing the product.
Da_Wiggy

Re: winshield washer lights

Post by Da_Wiggy »

can someone please explain how to remove the stock nozles?
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

I bought some. Mine are chrome with a white LED light. I haven't gotten around to install them yet, but I'll let you know when I do.<P>John Van Camp<BR>94 white RS
evad

Post by evad »

This past winter, somehow, one of my stock nozzles went missing... I hadn't done anything about it until last week, when I went to have a new stereo installed. One of the guys at the shop noticed the missing one and told me about the lighted ones, so I figured what the hell - I had the ones with the green lights put on - looks really sharp - nice accent. Apparently it was a bit of a pain to put them on, though... anyway, the other night I was driving around, and a cop who was walking down the street flagged me down and informed me that these lights are illegal and it would be a $110 fine if he caught me again. Anyone know what the deal is with this? Is this guy full of s--- or what? Why would these things be available on the market if they're illegal? Worst-case, I guess I'll have the stereo shop put them on a separate switch, and use them just for show... but I'd rather not go through the hassle, if this was just some rookie cop talking out of his a--...
fieval79
Supporting Member

Post by fieval79 »

I don't see why it would be illegal.....I mean, trucks have running lights all over them and they aren't illegal.....u know what I mean??? All these are is a "running light"...<P>John Van Camp
evad

Post by evad »

I just looked up the Highway Traffic Act for Ontario, but it's not too clear on this, at least to my eyes... anyone else want to take a look and see if they see anything I don't?<BR> <A HREF="http://192.75.156.68:81/ISYSquery/IRLAAFB.tmp/7/doc" TARGET=_blank>http://192.75.156.68:81/ISYSquery/IRLAAFB.tmp/7/doc</A>
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

I am not sure on Canadian laws, but if it is anything like most other areas (like Texas), the law states that there can only be either White or Amber/Yellow lights shining from the front of a vehicle. This is the same for the rear also, except that it is only Red, or Amber from the rear (except for the white liscence plate light). No white in the rear and no red in the front. This is done so that oncoming traffic does not get confused. If they see white from the rear of the car, they might think that someone is driving the wrong way (VERY unlikely though). Anyways, the way I feel is that it is more safe to have a color that stands out on your car. If it makes others look at your car, then they know that you are there, and they would be less likely to hit you. But try to tell that to politicians/lawmakers!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

there is NO way Id order from them, their prices are outrageous!!!<P><P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A><BR> barrykclark@hotmail.com
mendel00985

Post by mendel00985 »

I'm w/ Barry-those prices are obscene considering that they do zilch towards improving performance; if the car were for show, then perhaps-just maybe-I'd order them. It's not that they don't look good... well I find them too costly.<p>[This message has been edited by mendel00985 (edited July 31, 2001).]
frogchick

Post by frogchick »

I went ahead and ordered them from Ebay for $19.99. Thanks for all of the above information amd opinions. We'll see how they work in about a week.
simo711

Post by simo711 »

Well, here in KY we are out of luck for the windshield lights. The cops out there told me that they have to be yellow...and I don't want yellow, I want blue...ohh well. I am going to get an on/off switch for the windshield washer lights to be on when I want and off when I want...that's the best bet for us appearance people. <P>ohh well.<BR><P>------------------<BR>Mazda MX-3, Black, Automatic, 1994 Base Model V4
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I'm glad CT has few inspection laws anymore Image<P><BR>Emissions every 2 years, and thats about it unless u get a ticket by a cop to go to inspection<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS<p>[This message has been edited by Bri94GS (edited August 04, 2001).]
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
MX3NEWBIE

Post by MX3NEWBIE »

massachusetts has a 350.00 fine for those<P>proshop sells hyper white only :20.00US<P>he says to install on turn signal circuit.<P>-bryan
1994 Creek Blue<BR>MX-3 RS
Zoom24

Post by Zoom24 »

Zoom24 AKA Frogchick32<P>I should receive them this week. I am going to install them this weekend. I already have an on/off switch installed for them. Just in case. I have green euro lights on the side and have for over two years. The cops around here are pretty relaxed. So if a problem arises I can simply flip a switch
Kim 95' V6 DK

Post by Kim 95' V6 DK »

hey ZOOM24 how about some pics when installed
<I>Why get a car whith more than two doors when your not running a daytime kindergarten</I>

Return to “Appearance”