Help?!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
GreenMachine

Help?!

Post by GreenMachine »

Ok Now the the cold weather is kicking in there has been sum issues with the mx. When I start the engine the warm up idle is now a 2100 rpm and when I go to drive the car, it bucks and is very jerky between shifts. And the icing on the cake is now the in dash thermostat will shoot up past the high mark for a bit, then come back down to normal and repeat it self as i drive along. Has anyone had similar problems with there mx? My only guess would be the water pump but i wanted to see if some one has had similar issues.. thanks for any help in advance.

-Chris
'92 GS-no lip. Klze. no cat. phenolic spacers. no power steering. no a/c. hei mod. poly filled mounts. probinator chip. loud exhaust. b&m shifter. tokico struts. suspension tech springs. axxis 17 in rims.
'86 mr2-stock and still hauls a-- in curves.
'05 Gsxr-50 tooth stunt bike
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Help?!

Post by mitmaks »

have you checked your antifreeze, change it lately? how is thermostat doing, probably needs to be replaced
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: Help?!

Post by IanL »

That temp gauge behaviour is typical of a sticky thermostat - as suggested above, the only cure is a new one, and the concensus is that the Mazda ones are worth the extra.

<small>[ November 24, 2004, 03:37 AM: Message edited by: IanL ]</small>
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”