Strange clutch noise

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zoom zoom zoom

Strange clutch noise

Post by zoom zoom zoom »

Hi All,
I'm from the UK and relatively new to all this but i've read so much stuff here that i feel like i could build the car from scratch with all your combined knowledge!!
Anyway, I'm running an 92 V6. When i pull away in 1st. i get a strange squealing noise and the same happens again in 2nd. I'm pretty sure it comin from the clutch.
I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem....any ideas what it is???
cheers in advance fellas....and ladies!!
ninjasteve

Re: Strange clutch noise

Post by ninjasteve »

are you sure it's not your accessory belts?
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

is it with the clutch in or out. kinda sounds like the throw out bearing. thats what mine did when it was going out.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Most likely this willl explain it ;)

http://www.mx-3.com/tsb/h002-95.gif
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
zoom zoom zoom

Post by zoom zoom zoom »

Cheers for the ideas!! I'm hoping to wack in a klde cos the klze is rare as rocking horse **** in the uk....
how long do u reckon it'll last if it is the throw out bearing?
I'm hoping to do the swap in the new year!!
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

the throw out bearing will last a while before it fails completely. while makeing the noise i drove mine on a 1400+ mile trip and it did just fine. but when i did pull it out it was bad.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”