power window switch

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
pickinganame

power window switch

Post by pickinganame »

i got a new power window switch and this one has an auto button for the driver window to go down all the way auto matically after hit.but any way i didnt have that before.but now after i replaced it my passeneger window button wont roll down any one know why or what i can do to fix it.if i disconnect my driver window switch them the other side works ???? :shrug: :shrug:
2.5mx3

Re: power window switch

Post by 2.5mx3 »

I have the same problem! I bought a switch with the "auto" feature on it, and now you can't use the passenger side switch to open the window - you can only do it from the driver's side switch. Anyone know why?
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

the power window master switch has been upgraded to a newer year with slightly different wiring, therefore you must upgrade the passenger switch to a newer year as well. :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
2.5mx3

Post by 2.5mx3 »

Well, I thought that would be the case... :)
Hank
'92 MX-3 ZE *SOLD*
'05 RX-8 Touring

--All those who wander are not lost-- JRR Tolkien
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Ok, my 92RS came this way.... What I am wondering is what is the deal with the passanger switch that must be upgraded? Whats the difference?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 92RedMX3:
Ok, my 92RS came this way.... What I am wondering is what is the deal with the passanger switch that must be upgraded? Whats the difference?<hr></blockquote><p>came what way. be more specific
Shaun Newman
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

yea reall i know theres a way to cut some wire from the new switch but any one know which one to cut that will let the other side work,its just got to be some wire under the switch..
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

The only wire you could cut to disable this feature is to cut the lead wire that goes directly into the drivers side switch. Of course then your passenger would work but not your driver lol. I guess you could swap the drivers side window switch for an older one but i'm not sure how that would work. Best bet is to go to car-parts.com and get a 93 and up passenger side switch.. it shouldnt cost you more than 10 bucks.
Shaun Newman
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

ok, my window switch works on the drivers side but not passanger..... It does have the auto rolldown feature. Thats still freaky that the switch could do that.
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

Sometimes my pasanger side window does not want to work. It has a mind of it's own, sometimes it does :shrug: . Also if I let the button for my window gets stuck, the window will not want to go up (only for a little while)
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 92RedMX3:
ok, my window switch works on the drivers side but not passanger..... It does have the auto rolldown feature. Thats still freaky that the switch could do that.<hr></blockquote><p>technically its a master switch so it controls the other switch as well.
Shaun Newman

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”