K8 winter project need input

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: K8 winter project need input

Post by IanL »

Its been posted recently that the solution to the rich running when using the K8 ECU with a KLZE is to use the KLDE VAF. Quite a few people are happy with that setup.

It may be worth trying that before going the "convert to OBDI" route.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Originally posted by IanL:
Its been posted recently that the solution to the rich running when using the K8 ECU with a KLZE is to use the KLDE VAF. Quite a few people are happy with that setup.

Actually Ian i was reading a few posts of yours and I've seen you posted this. I'm going to give this a try before doing anything else. Do you know who has done this setup? And not to go off topic to much, what are you planning with your car??
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by your2slow:
Yes the stock headers will work fine. You'll lose a bit more HP because of the metal mesh filter in them. I was running 16.4 1/4mile with my ZE and stock headers. Switched headers and ran 15.6. So they make a big difference in my situation.
Damn! I hope i get that kind of increase when i install mine!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Neil

Post by Neil »

Alright.

So if i cant find a KLZE that i can get with a Curved Neck intake what sort of loss will i see running the K8 Intake Manifold until i can get a Curved Neck? And if i can find a complete curved intake that should come with full rails and everything but will it include the thortle body for the IM as well? or will i just use my K8 TB on the curved intake?
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Actually Ian i was reading a few posts of yours and I've seen you posted this. I'm going to give this a try before doing anything else. Do you know who has done this setup? And not to go off topic to much, what are you planning with your car??
Well, one who has done it is papa roached - see his sig higher up the thread.

My plans: well, the problem is my K8 is running soooo well; smooth as silk - oil consumption zero, but when that changes I'll have to make a decision.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Has anyone dealt with http://www.tigerjapanese.com/ ? Ive talked with them and they say they will sell a complete KLZE including the Curved intake for $1400cdn plus $200cdn for shipping i dont mind paying $1600cdn it seems fair enough to me. But has anyone else dealt with them before?
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I have not dealt with them. But they have a klze on ebay now. They only have 80% feedback rating and a couple people recieved blown engines. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7927219598&category=33615&sspagename=WDVW

<small>[ October 14, 2004, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: mxmaz ]</small>
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

mine may be a OBDI car, but running the KL-DE VAF on the OBDII setup should run exactly the same as mine
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hmm well this is there warranity statement.

" Our Policy: Excluding cases of obvious abuse, we will gladly accept our customer's returns, happily and without question for a period of 3 months for all non V-Tech and non Turbo items and 1 month for V-Tech and Turbo items. A 15% restocking fee applies. All shipping costs are the sole responsibility of the customer.

When receiving your order: Please be sure to inspect your package(s) carefully at the time of delivery. Please be aware that any damage claims must be noted with the carrier at the time of delivery. Your receipt of a shipment for which no damage was noted with the carrier at the time of delivery may release Tiger Japanese Ltd. from any and all liabilities. When returning your order/item(s): Please be sure to package your return properly to ensure that it will arrive in good condition and be sure to record your shipment tracking number. Please note that we cannot be responsible for any return for which we cannot verify our receipt of the item(s). We also recommend that you purchase carrier provided insurance to cover your loss in the event the item(s) become lost or damaged during shipment. Please note that any return we receive in which the item(s) and/or the packaging is not in new, sellable condition may be denied credit. This includes any return on which the package has been written, marked or otherwise defaced. "

I have until end of December before i actually order mine. So i'll keep asking around, Anyone know of Canadian KLZE companys that havent had a problem with?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I've delt with EngineLand in Montreal, QC, so far, including me, i don't think anyone has had issues with their motors from there.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”