Anyone here have an AFPR?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gro Harlem

Anyone here have an AFPR?

Post by Gro Harlem »

I'm thinking of getting one for my ze setup. If you have one, how did you set it up and which fpr did you choose?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
dewthis

Re: Anyone here have an AFPR?

Post by dewthis »

I have a cosmo fpr, IMO its the best compliment to the ze. Its really easy to install. I leaned mine out a little and by the butt dyno it ran better. :shrug:
65 shot > V8
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

is that a two port or just a single port fpr? I was reading that the aeromotives are the way to go, but they are about 160 bux w/gauge new.
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I only heard bad things about the cosmo and obx..
aeromotive is the way to go ...nothing but good commments on that one..while installing this afpr it's a good time to convert to a dual feed set up since it has 2 inlet for fuel and one out let..

if I had to buy one..It would be the aeromotive
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

If I had it to do all over again I would get the aeromotive also. I have'nt had any problems out of the cosmo but the aeromotive is better.
65 shot > V8
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I have the Cosmo and I like it. No problems at all, does a wonderful job keeping me from running lean when I use my nitrous.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

i'll probably just get the aeromotive.

What kind of power gains does one of these mofo's give ya? I don't plan on running nos or FI...i just have a I/H/E kl31-cammed klze running off a kl36 ecu.

I was reading ppl with KLDE's with similar mods gaining friggin 14whp and 8torque...nuts.
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

I didn't know you could get such numbers from a fpr... Keep me posed on your setup/gains, bro. Might be next on my list. :2thumbsup:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

same here
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I don't think 10+ VERY respected members of probetalk would lie. (jeff jeske, ohmaha95pgt, b4tn, streetthismx6, etc.) I've even seen a few dyno comparo's showing significant gains with minor fuel adjustments at WOT.
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

yeah but to really know the fp you should use..you would have to go on a dyno to find that perfect spot..

mm i think that 14whp is pushing a little..IMO
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
I don't think 10+ VERY respected members of probetalk would lie. (jeff jeske, ohmaha95pgt, b4tn, streetthismx6, etc.) I've even seen a few dyno comparo's showing significant gains with minor fuel adjustments at WOT.
I'm pretty sure most of those guys have internal modifications done to their engines. I know for sure streetthismx6 does, the rest not positive of. Basically I'm saying with an internally stock klze you will not see much HP gain with just an afpr, at least I didn't. I tried cranking it up to 55 something, then I tried tuning it down to around 40...Didn't really notice much difference. That was my butt dyno, maybe it's off though:shrug: I just got it to deliver more fuel when squeezin'.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

are you running dual-feed or single feed? Did you get rid of the banjo bolts? those things are restrictive as hell & dual feed ensures all the injectors are getting the same pressure accross the board.

And look in the dyno database.

Most of these guys have KLDE's with added-on KLZE intake manifolds, big-bore throttle bodies and cold air intakes & headers. thats just like what I already have...but I already have a KLZE ;)
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”