KLZE...Ran fine for 2 yrs now acting up???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zevirii

KLZE...Ran fine for 2 yrs now acting up???

Post by zevirii »

Was driving to work the other morning doing 70mph at somewhere arround 3,500 RPM all of a sudden the car just drops to 3000 RPM and the picks back up to normal.. I thought oh its nothing... Well I get to work and am sitting at idle and the car idles fine for about 5 mins or so... Then it just jumps to 3,000 RPM and holds there for about 4 secs then dies... I restarted it and it idled fine for another 5 mins and then went into work... Well I get off from work get back in the car and start it... It idles at fine for about 2 mins then it jumps up to 3,000 RPM and holds there this time for almost 6 mins.. So I decided to just drive home and get about 40 feet and it dies and this time it won't start at all????? Dealer is giving the "we don't know cause its not the original motor" line, while charging me out the butt to continue to look at it... Oh by the way had to have it towed there...

What do you guys think this is:

TPS?
Fuel Injectors??
Anything else???
Dealer says disributor is fine...

Background info:

KLZE
KLZE ECU from Layzzie
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Re: KLZE...Ran fine for 2 yrs now acting up???

Post by babyblueMX3 »

seems like the ignitor in your disty is bad..something similar happened to me and I had to tow my car jsut like you did
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Check your TPS, may need to be replaced. Also check the two coolant temperature sensors on the passenger side of the car. They are located towards the front of the car, they are both plumbed into a little coolant manifold. The one closest to the front of the car needs to be reading high voltage when cold, around 4-5 volts, but when warmed up it should read around .6 volts. If this fails and the sensor only drops to around 3 volts or so, it will make the car run rich.

<small>[ September 30, 2004, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: mx3man83 ]</small>
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Car is still at the mazda dealer.. they called me tonight and said they think it is the TPS sensor... Thanks for the great info on voltages.. I will check them myself when I get the car back... I will let you guys know what it turns out to be...

Thanks again... :p
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Well.. Got the car back tonight.. All I can say is WOW!! :p They did a great job on it.. :love: ...lol
ZEmadman

Post by ZEmadman »

just out of curiosity, how much did that run ya for the dealer to fix?
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

$228.. I know price is crazy.. The excuse was 2 hours labor... I normally would of tried to fix it myself however I needed a car running on monday and have a backed schedule the rest of the week..
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Did they replace any parts?
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

Nope. They just cleaned the throttle body, TPS and IAC.. Then reinstalled and adjusted TPS properly.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I read the faq on the tps..but i just cant quite get how to reset and adust it. My car is running nice but i bet if i re adjust it..i wont get that tps ecu code anymore. Plus im sure it will give me better gas mileage. the CEL light doesnt come on..yet when i check for ecu codes...it gives me tps code... hmm
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
zevirii

Post by zevirii »

I adjusted my TPS along time ago, and I did it by the guide... never had a code and everything ran fine I thought... Now that Mazda adjusted the car is runs totally different.. For me I guess I can install and replace any part on my car, but I just suck when it comes to tunning I guess... Oh well, better to have the piece of mind that its right now... :shrug:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i just git 100 miles out of 3 gallons...um is that good? well it was like 2.75 gal..anywho....maybe my speedo is wrong? i guess i dont need to tune the tps? altough i didnt pass emissions and i got a bootleg sticker hehe. this time i didnt drive it like if i had stole it..its hard to not speed on these little cars cuzz of the gear ratios. i stayed under 55 this time and granny shifted and um i never ever reduce my speed by engine transmission breaking..i always use neutral hehe...maybe thats why i got such good mileage? altough it did go all the way down to the red light under the e.. eeeee
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”