Help needed!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
your2slow

Help needed!!

Post by your2slow »

Hey all, I've got an 96 mx-3 with the KL-ZE engine. Aside from the ECU issues and O2 sensers, what would cause the car to not accelerate when the car has been sitting for a few hours. Basically what happens is ....I get up for work...pull out of the drive way and in 1st gear when I hit 3k/rpm (sometimes 4k) the car seem's like the exhaust is clogged and it kicks back and wont accelerate until I change to 2nd gear. After about 5 mins of driving it's fine. Never happens again. Only starts after sitting for a few hours. Any Ideas????? Thanks

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
papa roached

Re: Help needed!!

Post by papa roached »

my 89 olds beater car does that and i still dont know whats wrong with it, i just live with it :shrug:
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

It could be fouling on the spark plugs.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

roached, that car is hilarious! ;)
GS-R SE
Fixin's
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

have you tried the mass air flow sensor if your mx has one>

we have a ford that sounds as if it had a similar problem.

It's a stab in the dark but worth a try!

Sorry if it's not > but just giving a suggestion.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I seem to remember reading about some K engines having an RPM limiter when the engine was cold, though the K8 doesn't seem to have this feature. BMW put this feature on the 540i to save the engine from revving too much before the oil was properly circulated. Which ECU are you running?
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Well figured out the issue. There was a few hairline cracks in the accordion like plastic of the intake. Taped it up for now and seems to be working fine. Going to make my own intake today, so hope that works better.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Weird. Must be when the rubber is cold the cracks are open, when it heats up, they close :confused2:
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”