engine mount question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mdavis

Re: engine mount question

Post by mdavis »

I was using stock mounts with my ZE (which I just found out today the front one is compretely ridpped through) and I think it caused a lot of jerking and jamming on my shifter linkage helping to destroy my 3rd gear syncros... So now I'm in the middle of swapping the tranny + installing a Fidanza flywheel but most importantly MS motor mounts from CorkSport.. So I will post back to let you know what I think..
GS-R SE
Fixin's
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Originally posted by hgallegos915:
I just realized that my front engine mount is cracked...where do i get these :/ are they that pricey?
How bad is the crack in your motor mount? The reason that I ask is if the crack is a small to medium size crack. Then I would recommend you to take the bracket, seperate the engine mount itself from it and take down to a welding shop. A professional shop will probably charge you around $3-5usd for a small to medium MIG weld or about $5-10usd for a small to medium TIG weld.
Its just an option for you, could save you a few bucks. The only thing you would have to do to the bracket preweld, is sanding away any and all rust,dirt or oil particles that may be on the mount, thus ensuring a good weld.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
Macen

Post by Macen »

Got the urethane from McCaster-Carr today. 2 days delivery is fast from USA to Sweden :-) Paid $88 for shipping and urethane.

Will do the engine mounts next week.

<small>[ August 19, 2004, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Macen ]</small>
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”