engine mount question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

engine mount question

Post by Guest »

Hey guys,

I have been thinking to buy the mazdaspeed motor mounts but i have not been able to get a hold of them so i was thinking of buying the mounts off of rr-racing.com and wondering if any one has used them and do they actually work good? Is it worth it?

Thanks
TsiMiata

Re: engine mount question

Post by TsiMiata »

I'm pretty sure they don't fit the MX-3 mounts.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I ordered a set and Rafi (owner of RR-Racing)said the the rear would fit, however neither will fit the MX-3.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Post by Guest »

Ok thanks alot for that saved me from losing 50 bucks.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I just realized that my front engine mount is cracked...where do i get these :/ are they that pricey?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

mine was too, about 100 bucks at a mazda dealership, and theres no aftermarket
what kind of car IS that?
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

seems to me that the MazdaSpeed ones fit fine. Go to http://www.corksport.com

Can anyone give me any feedback on the MazdaSpeed engine mounts? Versus lets say just the urethane Replacements?
rmcg5

Post by rmcg5 »

I think I bought thier las pair about a month and a half ago.... but maybe they got more...
Rob McGrath
1992 Blaze Red MX-3 GS-ZE 15.5 1/4 Mi.
2005 Impreza WRX STI 12.8 1/4 Mi.
http://www.teamxxxracing.com
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

im still looking for some opinions on the mazdaspeed mounts. I have my ZE swap planned for the end of august and now it is scramble-time to find all the last minute parts. They're awefully expensive so Id like to know that Im getting something out of my money. thanks fo your help guys.

Post by Guest »

Well i just ordered mine from corksport...they said i would get them in a week. As soon as they come i will put them in and tell you guys how much of a difference it made with my KLZE
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Yeah, I ordered mine from there yesterday, and all seems well. I've got soooo many goodies on the way!!! :D :D :froggie_red: :froggie_red:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Macen

Post by Macen »

Got the engine mounts yet? How long did you have to wait?

I'm thinking of filling my old ones with Flexible Urethane from http://www.mcmaster.com instead. Anyone tried this? There are three hardness levels, 60A, 80A and 94A where 94A is the hardest. But I think I will get 60A.

<small>[ August 15, 2004, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Macen ]</small>
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

babybluemx3, steph01 and I are filling our mounts sometime soon. We too ordered the 60A Urethane from Mcmaster and just received it a few days ago. We'll give ya our opinions on it ASAP.

<small>[ August 15, 2004, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: bmwm3guy ]</small>
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Macen:
Got the engine mounts yet? How long did you have to wait?

I'm thinking of filling my old ones with Flexible Urethane from http://www.mcmaster.com instead. Anyone tried this? There are three hardness levels, 60A, 80A and 94A where 94A is the hardest. But I think I will get 60A.
I used the 60A and it worked good. Only thing is it's hard to properly mix only part of the mix, as you'd have to measure the parts on a gram scale.

I just tried the caulk method a couple days ago, and it worked well. Most people use 3M Window Weld, but I couldn't find it. But alot of people on ProbeTalk used something called 'PL' from Home Depot. It was in the caulk aisle near the paint. There are a few different kinds from PL, just make sure it's a polyurethane one. There are a few different polyurethane ones also, but I think the only differnece is color. I used the black one for roofing. Just caulk gunned it into the mount (after washing the mount of course). Then, I used the blunt end of a pen to smear it down to the bottom to make sure there were no air pockets since this was thicker than the stuff from McMaster. Basically just swirled the pen around the rim in increasingly shallower depths until I was sure it was set uniformly.
It was simple as pie. Took about a day to set good enough to put back on the car.

The PL was alot easier, IMO. But the McMaster stuff looks more professional when set. Either way, I wouldn't fill the ENTIRE mount. It's unnecessary (unless you're running like over 300 WHP or something) and will just give your car the shakes real bad. I'd say just fill about 1/2" to 3/4" from both sides for a total of 1" to 1.5" thickness of added urethane. I plan on doing to all the mounts on both mine and my wife's car.
Macen

Post by Macen »

I ordered some from McMaster today. Hope it will be good. Got reply from Corksport, and they have the MS mounts in stock. But I think that they are a bit too expensive for my taste.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”