some help please!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DJester187

some help please!!

Post by DJester187 »

i know this is a repost but i didn't get any telp the first time. so while idling i can slowly feed fuel to the engine to steadily raise the rpms, but once it reachs exactly 2 1/2 rpms the engine drops rpms to 2 then back to 2 1/2 and will continue to keep bouncing until i let off the gas. Then if i push the engine higher than the 2 1/2 mark it will stall when i let off. any info? :sadwavey:
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Re: some help please!!

Post by johnnyb »

did you recently do any intake modifications? If you have make sure you plugged in the MAF that would cause your problems
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

well i did so an intake mod. but i plugged the harness back into the vaf. should i go back to my stock intake? i'd rather not.
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

that sounds like a disconnected maf o.0 but could be a vacumm leak. Have u pulled codes?? checked fuel pressure?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Tempus

Post by Tempus »

once you've made sure that the VAF is properly hooked up, you might make sure everything on your intake is 'airtight'.

If you have any air leaks engineward from the VAF it could thow off the VAF's ability to get an accurate airflow reading. So I'd start looking, starting with where the VAF attaches to the intake and make sure everything is properly connected, and no loose fittings, cracked rubber, etc.
{sigh} Time to move on
Out with the old: Tropical Emerald MX-3 GSR (KL-DE)
In with the new: Phantom Blue Mazda3s GT

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”