K8ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mxmaz

K8ZE

Post by mxmaz »

My 1995 V6 MX3 (canadian) is burning oil and i was just looking at putting the K8ZE engine in it does anyone have any info on doing that swap?

I dont have a lot of money to invest in it so i just want a inexpensive swap so the 2.5 is out of the question.
DavidOS

Re: K8ZE

Post by DavidOS »

depends how inexpensive your talking about.

you can pick up a klde (probe) 2.5 for next to nothing and a klze for about 1200 bucks.

whats ur budget limit?
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

would be cheaper and just more fun to put the probe 2.5 in than find a K8 motor, and if you want much sweetness, get a KL-ZE
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
MrMX3

Post by MrMX3 »

*scratches head* although I fail to see how this belongs in the suspension section, I agree with the rest. It'd be more worth your while to swap in a 2.5l and be done with it.

<small>[ June 15, 2004, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: MrMX3 ]</small>
Mike
1993 MX-3 GS
2.5l KL-ZE
My Cardomain Page
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The problem with the K8ZE is that not only are you only gaining about 5hp, but its an engine that needs to be imported fom overseas

Engine wise, it's probably cheeper to get a local KLDE (with 165hp) than an imported K8ZE. Replacement parts would be way easier to find for a KLDE than a K8ZE...The thing that will probably offset your cost is getting the right ECU/VAF combo for the KLDE.

But when changing either engine, it would recommend changing the belts and water pump

<small>[ June 15, 2004, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</small>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

would parts for the K8DE (i guess thats what its called) be the same as the parts for the K8ZE? I can get the K8ZE from Quebec for $500 canadian.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by mxmaz:
would parts for the K8DE (i guess thats what its called) be the same as the parts for the K8ZE? I can get the K8ZE from Quebec for $500 canadian.
What's the conversion on that? I know where you can get a KFZE for $550 U.S. in Quebec. Supposedly with the ECU included. At least add another 35HP instead of just 5. And also adds 10 lbs/torque.

http://www.naganojapanese.com/shop_online_mazda.html
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

does anyone know where i can get a step by step process on how to install either the K8ZE or KFZE?
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Same process as a KLZE.
They are on the main page and in the FAQ.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Read the 2.5 swap info in the V6 FAQ section, then read the KF-ZE thread:

http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=004433
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

how many hours labor would i be looking at paying to have the kfze or klze installed? I was thinking that the k8ze might not be so much of a hassle to have installed.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

the swaps are no different, all about the same amount of time
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

so what exactly would the hours be just to give me an idea on what its gonna cost. 15 hours? 30 hours?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by mxmaz:
so what exactly would the hours be just to give me an idea on what its gonna cost. 15 hours? 30 hours?
I don't know what the number of hours in thier hour approximation book would be, but I know that my brother-in-law paid a guy $400 to swap an Integra engine from one car to antoher, and he did it all in one long day, with just the one person working. So that's pulling motors (with the trannys attached) from two different cars, then installing them in each other's car. So that's double the work in a 14 hour work day. I've gotta think a mechanic who knows what he's doing should be able to do your swap in 10-12 hours no problem.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Originally posted by DavidOS:
depends how inexpensive your talking about.

you can pick up a klde (probe) 2.5 for next to nothing and a klze for about 1200 bucks.

whats ur budget limit?
where can i get a klde engine for next to nothing?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”