Clearance issues with any intake manifolds?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lakersfan1

Clearance issues with any intake manifolds?

Post by lakersfan1 »

The intake manifold I bought has a 7" deck height from bottom to its highest point in the center whereas the K8 manifold seems to only be a smidge over 6". I'm pretty sure the higher manifold will fit, but am wondering if it'll also fit with phenolic spacers? Anybody ever had clearance issues with a larger manifold and phenolics? Strut bars seem to go alot higher than stock manifolds, so I'm hoping I'll have the room for both the manifold and phenolics.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: Clearance issues with any intake manifolds?

Post by Zoso124 »

Which Intake is it? I have the millenia style and with phenos and the strut bar won't fit unless I decide to modify it.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

I have this set up as well(millenia intake+ phenos) fits fine under the hood but there is no way in hell
to fit the strut bar without some serious modification :dunno: .
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I have the millenia style and with phenos and the strut bar won't fit unless I decide to modify it.
That stinks. I use the straight neck ZE manifold and the Phenos and I can still use the strut bar with about 1/2 inch of clearance. I have also checked to see if it hits the strut bar under acceleration, no marks or scratches on the under side of the bar so I would say not.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by Zoso124:
Which Intake is it?
It's from a 2002 Mazda 626. The center section is more round than flat like the 97-Under manifolds, so it's a little higher. But it's got larger square runners that taper to the round DE shape at the ends. Apparently, noone's screwed with the 98-2002 manifolds, so I feel compelled to try it out. If it works the way I think, it should be a good alternative for those that want to put ZE manifold on a DE head without the port turbulence problem. That, and I only paid $75 for it, instead of the $200 most are paying for ZE manifolds. :p
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Which Intake is it? I have the millenia style and with phenos and the strut bar won't fit unless I decide to modify it.

same here..manifold almost hit the hood
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

same here..manifold almost hit the hood..I'm in the progress of making a strut bar that goes behing the mani...It's shaped like a K
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”