Where to find LSD tranny?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Where to find LSD tranny?

Post by Nallboy »

I already have my ZE, but I still need to find a LSD tranny. I realy want an OEM 5-speed like Streetimports sells, but I just got off the phone with them, and they won't sell theirs without an engine purchase to go with it. Any help?
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: Where to find LSD tranny?

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by Nallboy:
I already have my ZE, but I still need to find a LSD tranny. I realy want an OEM 5-speed like Streetimports sells, but I just got off the phone with them, and they won't sell theirs without an engine purchase to go with it. Any help?
Hard to beleive that they have a Factory LSD 5-speed tranny for the ZE.

The ZE was only available as an automatic.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Might be cheaper/easier just to get the protege posi and have it put in.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

[/qb][/QUOTE]Hard to beleive that they have a Factory LSD 5-speed tranny for the ZE.

The ZE was only available as an automatic. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Not true. The MX-6 & maybe the MS8 ZE were available with a 5 speed. Most imported here are autos though.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
odds1

Post by odds1 »

If you get the mazdaspeed lsd for the protege
trany, won't you have a problem with the driveshafts then?
Or will they bolt right in?

Odds
Odds, Norway
Red `93 GS, Stock
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Originally posted by atlantamx3:

HAHAHAHAHHAHA.....

All pigs can fly

All toyota echos can run 11 sec in the 1/4 mile.

All americans are dumbass red-neck hill-billies.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Laugh all you want to-- everything I have ever seen posted or heard has said that they only came as automatics.

I dont know everything-- and I never claimed to. But-- prove me wrong.
~Perry
Please visit
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

He is right Perry, the ZE also came in MX-6s and the Eunos. They both had a manual tranny optional. They are also the curved neck ZEs not the straight neck. So you can get them, in fact Brian and I are probably going to get two of them to save on shipping.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

If you go to Streetimports.com, they offer trannies with their engines. For the ZE you can get: 5-speed manual-$450, Automatic-$500, and 5-speed manual with LSD-$900
That's from memory, but I believe it's correct. With this type of LSD tranny, new axles are needed, or you can drill your OEM axles to make it fit. As far as I've heard, other LSD options are way more expensive, or require alot more modding.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

Originally posted by curtklze:

HAHAHAHAHHAHA.....

All pigs can fly

All toyota echos can run 11 sec in the 1/4 mile.

All americans are dumbass red-neck hill-billies.
the only echo i know, top secret Toyota echo out of japan had 530kw somewhere around 700 hp and could run 11s easily.

they do have manual ZEs in japan, in fact i think the ECUS you buy for ZES state just as much in the number codes kl31 is manual and kl36 ecu is auto.
(i think i could have them backwards) or even wrong.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Okay-- So I am wrong.

I have just never heard of one.
~Perry
Please visit
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

your ECU codes are right
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

there is a local company here in atlanta that carries the LSD transmissions not sure on the price but you can give them a call, companies name is Best Japanese Engine, just do a google search for it in atlanta GA it should give you the phone number
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Thanks. Corksport wrote back saying that they have one for $700. I wrote back asking them to make sure it's LSD and send me info on shipping. Sounds like a really good price.
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

thats bs man, very not true mx6's came with manuals too...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”