air/fuel meter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ypahuboy

air/fuel meter

Post by ypahuboy »

can anyone help me? where do i connect the sensor wire for the air/fuel meter? i got a 93 mx-3 gs. right now its connected to the blue wire of the o2 sensor. the meter is tweaking, it just sweeps from lean to rich...back and forth. did i connect it right? should i connect it to the ecu? please help.
girliegirl

Re: air/fuel meter

Post by girliegirl »

I just installed mine. and my did that for the first 2 to 5 mins or so..or does it stay like that forever? i was told that it will do that as the car warms up or something like that.
Oatmeal Stirred once!
girliegirl

Post by girliegirl »

when you accelerate, does it just switch back and fourth also? and when you brake or take your foot off of the gas what does it do?
Oatmeal Stirred once!
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

the cumputer is always changing the fuel\air mixuter and it dos it realy fast and that what you are seeing. It should be always sweeping from lean to rich realy fast. It will move real slow or stay still on start up because the 02 senser is warming up, At WOT it should be pinned in the green and if you take you foot of the gas fast there should be no light. If the sweeping is slow after warm up at ideal your o2s are on there way out.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
ypahuboy

Post by ypahuboy »

you hit it right on the head mrspanky...thanks for the heads up. everything you've described is what happens with my a/f meter.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”