performance parts

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jaknichols85

performance parts

Post by jaknichols85 »

Im instaling a klze into my mx3 this summer. And ive decided that i want to also add on a short shifter, headers, exaust, a good clutch, and a cold air intake. But the problem is that i really suck at searching for good prices. So i was wondering if you guys could head me in the right direction for a good price on these mods. And also if you guys know of any other good mods that dont cost more than $300 cuz i might have some money left over after all of those other mods. Thanks a lot.
BADMX3

Re: performance parts

Post by BADMX3 »

lol you don't wanna alot dude do ya want some one to come fit them 2 LOL only jokin!

if your putting in a klze > you can use the exedy clutch from what i seen from some other's post > but if i were you i'd go for uprated. i seen the act stage 2 clutch on ebay.

you will pick up a set of ss headers off the sales forum at some point, as they are sold quite a bit on here.

for the short shifter do a search on a search engine for b & m or another brand and it'll bring back al the mail order shops then just compare prices.

adapt a cold air intake> or just get prm from corksport.

and exhaust > get yourself a universal backbox then go to a local shop where they can make you a straight through system which should release a few bhp.

hope this has given a starting point where to look. hope the swap goes well for you... also m8 you'll need some other stuff for the ze swap> do a search on here to get a full list> but you should also think about new motor mounts, water pump, timing belt, etc
jaknichols85

Post by jaknichols85 »

yeah that helps a lot. But what i really need to know is were the best prices are. And also what companies make them. I can find a short shifter, and cold air intakes. But you guys have researched this stuff a lot more and know were some good deals are. So i was just wondering if you guys could point me in the right direction. Im having a hard time finding some good headers. And i know that they might sell them on this site. But i would like to know who makes them and what place would have the best prices. Thanks a lot
eldondemarco

Post by eldondemarco »

go to www.corksport.com
lots of mods for cheap
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

ss headers... how do they compare with the hotshot headers?
Dude, I got my ZE (ordered it today, Ah Yeah!) from Sunsengines.com They were the best to deal with- responded quickly and completely. Plus, for being a member of this site and Probetalk. I got a good deal. I'll post back how the engine looks in a week or two when I get it. Check them out, but whatever you do, don't buy from Osaka. They're the cheapest for a reason.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Originally posted by Marco E:
go to www.corksport.com
lots of mods for cheap
normally corksport are more expensive than any other store....
Pacesetter short shifter is the cheapest and is really good IMO...Just installed it yesterday and it made a good difference...

for good prices check www.street-import.com
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
jaknichols85

Post by jaknichols85 »

ive been searching around, and clutches are h*lla expensive. wtf! ACT clutches are going upwards of 330-400. Is there a different brand that costs less than that but is still good quality? Any sugestions would be sooooooooo helpfull. Thanks
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

if you don't want to go with act might try to check out centerforce...act and centerforce are the best IMO.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Originally posted by Nallboy:

Dude, I got my ZE (ordered it today, Ah Yeah!) from Sunsengines.com They were the best to deal with- responded quickly and completely.
I hope you didnt' order their "klze" with Kl01 on the cams. They will tell you all day long that is the proper klze for the mx3, and the klze with kl31 on the cams is for the probe. Wrong. I ordered mine from them as well, and they convinced me that the kl01 "klze" is the one for me to order, so I did. It's an American KL03. Dyno proven, only 134 whp. I sent it back and got the kl31 klze.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
ikarus1

Post by ikarus1 »

Originally posted by jaknichols85:
ive been searching around, and clutches are h*lla expensive. wtf! ACT clutches are going upwards of 330-400. Is there a different brand that costs less than that but is still good quality? Any sugestions would be sooooooooo helpfull. Thanks
Spec Stage II kevlar for the MX-6/Probe $314 shipped from nipponpower.com
much better than any organic disc IMO

Zoom MF47745-1A is a dual-friction type set for $265 from summitracing.com

and then if you wanted a cheap good stock-type replacement than any of the Exedy clutchs on EBAY or your local Shuck's,Kragen's, Advance etc has a Perfection Hytest for around $120 but it's not Hi-PO but prolly will hold a stock KLZE just fine.
93 White MX-3 "Ebay special"
94 Green 626 V6 5-speed "family car"
94 Mazda B2300 SE "project turbo truk"
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

a good quality clutch is worth the money if you need to have something that can handle the extra power.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Great, I tried to get people to tell me about any problems with these guys before I sent the money. I told them I wanted the curve-neck IM (KL-01 on the cams). How will I tell if it's the right one or not? Did they make you pay for shipping to get it back to them?
Sorry didn't mean to pirate your post. I'll start my own on this. :p

<small>[ May 10, 2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Nallboy ]</small>
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
jaknichols85

Post by jaknichols85 »

yeah, i did a little more searching and found a good deal at rr-racing.com. About 280w/ship, for a stage one clutch master. Looks pretty good. I dont think it will crap out on me. From what ive read its a good clutch. Thanks a lot for your posts!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”