Performance with ZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
valdigre

Performance with ZE

Post by valdigre »

Hello guys,
I would like to ask someone that has Ze on board, to tell me what his mx-3's performance. Let's say that with standard V6 0-100 is 8.5 1/4 mile of about 16.5 - 17 secs and top speed of 205 - 210 kilometers.
What can I expect after upgrading to ZE ?
"For those 10 seconds or less, I am free"
Talon_66

Re: Performance with ZE

Post by Talon_66 »

I hit 220km/h in my KLZE, as for 1/4 mile time expect about 14-15 seconds.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Soulflare

Post by Soulflare »

Well lets put it this way... when u drive it.. u will definately notice the difference!! There difference in torque is amazing ^^ 1/4 mile ur probably looking at mid to high 14s. As for top speed... nvr tried yet ^^
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
valdigre

Post by valdigre »

but has anyone measured acceleration for instance?
This is what I am very interested in :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well for top speed it depends, with the K8 ECU it has a speed limiter of 190km/h, but i have a re-programmed ZE ECU for my ZE and theoretically i should be able to max out the transmission and redline in 5th at 227km/h
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I ran my newly installed ZE at the track last weekend. My best run out of three was a 14.7. I am having some kind of fuel issue, running a little lean, it's either my fuel pump or I need a SAFC to adjust the fuel curves. If I can get past that my goal is a 14.2.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
odds1

Post by odds1 »

Is it possible for a NA KLZE to run a high 13 in the quarter?

What would be needed?
Odds, Norway
Red `93 GS, Stock
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

With a stock ZE you'd have to drop A LOT of weight from the car and run slicks. With cams and bolt ons and slicks it should be doable.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

hehe, soon, very soon *eyes 280 degree cams in the floor*
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
valdigre

Post by valdigre »

so how about those acceleration times?
BTW what is a LSD transmission? :confused2:
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

From what i've read (reading ppl's cardomain pages and their timeslips).

The two main things you MUST ADDRESS when going to a KLZE is 1: the throttle body (YOU MUST USE AT LEAST THE 60MM UNIT) and 2: the exhaust (2.5" CATBACK IS A MUST).

If you uncork those areas then you are in low 14 second range if you know how to drive and get traction. I know from experience. I cna't run better than a 15.3 with my stock K8 throttle body. I actually ran a slower time AFTER installing my curved neck manifold (still using the K8 tb) than i did when I had my stock K8 manifold w/K8 t/b. I ran a 14.8 last year, and now i run a 15.3. Luckily i just got my millenia t/b in the mail.

As for the results you "should" get if you install a properly running KLZE (this assumes: 60mm t/b, curved neck manifold, stock exhaust, KLZE ecu, stock intake). Expect to run a low 15 to high 14

Upgrade to CAI, and you should be in the high 14's fo sho.

Upgrade to 2.5" exhaust and you should be in mid-high 14's fo sho

Upgrade to headers and you should run 14.5-14.8ish.

Upgrade to a 67mm t/b and you will be able to keep the power going longer in each gear, which translates into better 1/4 mile times

Doing all of this and then adding a LSD and you may very well be able to hit 13 second territory.

Of course, to get into even better territory, possibly 12's would require slicks, and weight reductions.

Other stuff you can do to apparently further its performance, is NOS, fuel pressure regulator, that new custom intake manifold, a 67mm throttle body to give it more rev range and do a couple of ignition things (they give it a little bit, maybe 3-5whp, i've seen charts to prove it).

<small>[ May 01, 2004, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Gro Harlem ]</small>
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Originally posted by Gro Harlem:
The two main things you MUST ADDRESS when going to a KLZE is 1: the throttle body (YOU MUST USE AT LEAST THE 60MM UNIT)
Unless im mistaked on what a throttle body actually is, don't the engines come with one?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Originally posted by valdigre:
so how about those acceleration times?
BTW what is a LSD transmission? :confused2:
LSD = Limited-Slip Differential AKA Positraction

How the LSD clutch works

<small>[ May 01, 2004, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: johnnyb ]</small>

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”