Storage

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fabius

Storage

Post by fabius »

I'm putting the car into storage and its going o be outside, whats the best thing to do to the engine to make sure all will be well when I put her back on the road??
Fill it to the gills with oil? empty it?
You get what I mean..
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Storage

Post by mitmaks »

take plugs out, spray some oil on pistons and turn crank by hand if you can and then plug holes everywhere so no moisture/etc gets in engine
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fabius

Post by fabius »

its gonna be parked up for a good while and some people have said that the oil might go thick like treacle is there any truth to this??
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

just make sure inside engine is well lubricated and it'll be fine, id change oil before you'd wanna drive it again, put some rubber dressing on your tires and everything rubber under hood, hoses etc. put some protector on your dash too if its gonna be stored outside under sun, sun dries out dash real bad and it'll crack
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fabius

Post by fabius »

Thanks a mill. I was going to sell but decided its too rare to get rid of, and I love it to bits too lol.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”