ze ecu combos

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx-3 Guy

ze ecu combos

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

I know its been asked a thousand times, but i just need somemore info. I bought the klo1 ecu and bought the eprom chip, but when i put it in with my je50 vaf, the car doesnt want to idle and smmokes alot, bought when i put my k8 ecu in it seems to be better.

But also I only have the headers on and when I give it a little shot of gas it can barely keep its self running is that because of lack of back pressure?
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: ze ecu combos

Post by Zoso124 »

Whats the KL01 ECU from??? Its not J-spec and where did you get the eprom? Currently there are no J-spec chips. Seli's chips are for the KLDE VAF.

Backpressure has nothing to do with anything, do you still have the EGR system set up?
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

The chip is a mike seli chip, the kl01 ecu is out of a 93 mx-6.

The egr system is all gone. bought i still plugged in the sensors so I would throw codes.

So you think if I got a klde vaf and used my k8 ecu that it might run ok till I get my ze ecu.

But what would happen if I put the klde vaf with the kl01 ecu do you think it will help it?
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

You need to use the probe/MX-6 vaf if your using the KL01 ECU with a chip.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

Ok another Question

When I have the K8 ecu the car seems to idle pretty good but when I give it a little shot of gas it stalls out, it tries to stay running but cant.

When I put the KL01 ecu the car wont idle at all unless i raise the idle then slowly idle it down. but it doe the same thing when I give it gas.

Could this be because I only have the heads on right now. with no collector???????
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

WHAT?? you mean you don't have the Y-pipe connected to the exhaust manifolds? Most people put their cars back together before trying to get them to run. :shrug:
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”