Sputtering Again?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Sputtering Again?

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Ok i replaced the fuel filter, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and distributor button. It ran great for a while but now it is starting to do it again. I replaced the wires twice to see if it was a bad set of wires but it is still running bad. It is not the air hoses they are all good. Any other reasons it might be doing this? What it is doing exactly is when i and on the gas the car starts to jump (you know like when you pump the gas) and the rpms jump up and down. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ok another thing it is doing is when it is just sitting still it idols hard i can feel the car shake.

<small>[ April 26, 2004, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: Ricksmx3 ]</small>
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Re: Sputtering Again?

Post by Ricksmx3 »

I was also wondering if i can take it to a shop and have them hook it up and see what the problem is. The reason i am asking is because it is a 92 and is it to old to have that done?
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

You can take it to a shop, they have a diagnostic tool they can hook up and grab codes.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

TPS sensor may be adjusted wrong , also there is a little screw on the throttle body try minory adjusting both of these but make sure you make a mark where they were just in case its not that ..
Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Id guess the TPS. They are a PIA get adjusted. I've been playing with mine for a week. None of the adjustment procedures seem to work all that well and it becomes trial and error of what works best for your car.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

I am too having that same problem with my car. Took it to get it checked for codes they said they didnt find anything and it didnt die. My car could sit and idle for a long time but it seemed like once you started to drive it would sputter out and die.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Ok it hasent really been running real bad here lately but when i am idoling and i hit the gas you can hear it go putt putt putt real fast and then it accelerates. It is kind of hard to explain. I am also getting a big loss of power. My car is probly a 18 sec 1/4 mie now. That is just to show you how slow it got.

<small>[ May 04, 2004, 08:54 PM: Message edited by: Ricksmx3 ]</small>
2010 MazdaSpeed 3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”