ZE Helpppp

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx-3 Guy

ZE Helpppp

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

Well I checked my engine codes and I got the famous code 16, im running the kl01 ecu with the eprom chip which is suppose to eliminate this code, but it says I have to hook up the solenoids first, and im not sure where one of the vacumn lines goes to it says it is suppose to go to the EGR position sensor but I dont know where this is located.

Also the car doesnt want to seem to idle ever since I put the ecu in it starts right up but wont idle unless I have my foot on the gas.

any help guys would be great.
Mx-3 Guy

Re: ZE Helpppp

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

oh couple more things
I have one wire not pluged in it used to be located under the TB and plugged into the egr stuff I think now theres no place for it to plug into what do I do with it?

also there a sensor located on top of the coolent thing that I have no plug to plug into it, it looks like the same sensor that is located on the back firewall, any ideas what this is.
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

Ok think I got the codes fixed, But I have one more thing how do you think my car will run with the this setup I have the KL01 ecu but i have the eprom chip. and my Je50 vaf. any help guys.
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

Ok I need some help on this one, im running the KLDE ecu with the je50 vaf, will this combo work or should I use a DE vaf?

Also when I start the car it will fire right up but then it will sometimes slowly stall, so I adjust the idle and it will sit and idle perfect, but then ill shutit off and not start it for a day or 2 and the same thing will happen, any clues on this one guys?
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

The de ecu worked best with the 1.8 vaf, and the 1.8 ecu worked best with the 2.5 vaf.

the best is the ze ecu with 1.8 vaf (je50 I think)
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

As if this hasn't been beaten to death already, get the KLZE ECU with the JE50. The reporgrammed chip ECU's never seem to work right.
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

Have any ideas of what could be up with the idle though.

I havent even had this thing for a drive yet, damn OBX headers, only have open headers on right now so it could be from lack of back pressure.
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

check for mad vaccum leaks, check your tps sensor settings and set your idle, the klde ecu needs the kl02 vaf to run correctly

<small>[ April 20, 2004, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: lazzyie ]</small>
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
Mx-3 Guy

Post by Mx-3 Guy »

The KL02 vaf is that the one off of a probe or mx-6?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”