This car is amazing

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
valdigre

This car is amazing

Post by valdigre »

I once said on this forum that my car has 9.0 sec to 100 km/hand it seems that it doesn't. I recently managed to get the catalog number of 8.5 sec.
I did this after some 30 minutes of pretty fast and aggresive warmup of this car. Nine second result was tested after some 5 minutes of pretty smooth driving, so that the engine gets nominal temperature.
This means that only after it getts reaaaaally warmed up, it shows u the claw :)
The same goes for brakes. I tested them after accelerating to 200 km/h and braking sharp a couple of times. After that I had this subjective feeling that the warmer they are, the better the braking power.
How I love this car, if only it could eat my friend's Del Sol... :D
"For those 10 seconds or less, I am free"
DavidOS

Re: This car is amazing

Post by DavidOS »

do a ze swap you should be eating alot of cars
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
valdigre

Post by valdigre »

yeah man I started collecting money for this one week ago. With this rate i should be ready in 20 years :) :freak:
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

how are you measuring your 0-100km times?
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
DJ

Post by DJ »

What's with the 0-100kph times you see around the net for the mx3? They all say like 9 or 9.5 seconds. Well my car is stock and with the right start (even with my winter tires still on) I get like 7.3 - 7.5 seconds. Who tested those times? Were they like 400 pounds... then I could see the car taking 9 seconds because the extra weight. I'm a small guy, 130 pounds probably. Also had a quarter tank of gas which i guess would help a bit. I'm no pro shifter because I havent been driving standard for that long but whoever did those times must be eating there lunch or having snack while shifting. Can't wait until I get the summer tires on to see what I can do.

<small>[ April 14, 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: DJ ]</small>
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

you get better braking after theyre warm??? I dont think so, everyone knows that warmer brakes are less effective they are
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
DJ

Post by DJ »

Yeah, the hotter your brakes get the worse they are. My friend almost had no brakes after he was racing around his RSX type S really hard. Heated them up really good ;)
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

if you got brakepads with autocross/racing compound they will work better after braking a couple of times because they need to get warm first..maybe thats what he experienced
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
valdigre

Post by valdigre »

The brakes seemed to be sharper really, this was my subjective opinion I mean. After I made them a bit warmer they seemed to be sharper. As for the winter tires DJ I don't know if you are going to have better times. The summer rims are probably bigger (wider) so they will give you more aerodynamic stopping power, although the rubber isn't as soft as winter tires, so there is less traction resistance. Although I must say your time at 7.5 is shocking for me if we are talking stock... I only lately managed to get under 9 seconds... I usually start at 3000 - 3500 rpms and i go on first and second gear till the 7000 rpms. I reach 100 km at second gear.
DJ

Post by DJ »

I was getting high 8's. Then I dropped a passenger and burnt off most of my gas and that dropped it a second.
valoncan

Post by valoncan »

I can take a stock del sol with my GS!!
We raced on straight track (400m), and on the highway.
I also took an Acura Rs in 400m with my GS. (well when we switched the cars i left him a car behind)

But yeah man take the guys advise, if you like to drive, if you like speed, and beating a lot a lot of cars, get a KL-ZE man. I mean I been in one here in London, this guy GABI, dude the freaking car was just going. I knew it was going to be fast
since it had a ZE motor, but it was lot more than i thought. You could just feel it, like LITERALLY MAN, I AM NOT ****TING YOU it feels better than a Mustang GT.
Never think that you will get two if you don't give one!!
valdigre

Post by valdigre »

I don't belive you man. I raced yesterday a 1.6 Vtec del Sol with my stock gs. He left me behind like two lengths of the car... He had a passenger btw and I didn't... You can't beat 160 hp del sol with stock Mx, this just doesn't calculate.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”