PRM intake help needed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3UTguy

PRM intake help needed

Post by mx3UTguy »

Okay, I installed my PRM intake and I have a few questions for you guys:

The vacuum hose wasnt attached to my airbox, it looks like it broke off a while ago. Could not having it attached affect anything?

The other wires on the side of the airbox, where the vacuum hose was supposed to be attached, what do I do with those? Where can I mount them? (they were attached to the side of the airbox.)

Also, since I took the front part of the airbox out and (the part that goes above the radiator) it wont fit back in because the overflow resevoir is in the way, so now I dont have that little piece to place the hood prop stand in when its closed. What can I do about that?

Also, I noticed there is an air duct or something in the well where the pipe for the intake goes. It looks like it draws in air from under the car and it goes to the battery. Does the battery need cool air? Can I redirect that for my intake?

Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
pelado

Re: PRM intake help needed

Post by pelado »

No, it probably hasn't affected anything but you should have a fitting on your PRM for it.

Mount the wires in any convenient place.

You should be able to drill out the rivets for the piece of the prop rod hold down and then mount it to the radiator support.

Yes, the battery needs cool air.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”