Steering Rack

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Hy300

Steering Rack

Post by Hy300 »

I need to replace the steering rack on my 92 GS. Is there a difference between the GS power steering rack and the RS power steering rack?

Are there any substitute steering racks that would reduce the lock to lock distance? From a FWD 323, MX-6, Protege, possibly even a Miata (I know it is a stretch)?

<small>[ April 05, 2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: Hy300 ]</small>
DJsMX-3

Re: Steering Rack

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Looking in the workshopmanual theres several differances so it seems like you cant swap steeringrack from a RS to a GS..

But i cant help you with the lock to lock question,but i would like to know myself,that would be a great mod i think ;)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

So that's a nope.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

I looked at autozone and it lists a different part # for the MX-3, MX-6, 626, & 323. I even checked all the cars with 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders. That doesn't mean one of those won't swap in, justr that something about them is slightly different.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i hear the amount of turns lock to lock is 3.5 on a RS and 2.7 on the GS
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”