Ignition Problems?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Oliver

Ignition Problems?

Post by Oliver »

So my distributer was shot on me again, so I decided to get the msd conversion because it was cheaper than getting a rebuilt disty. I got the jacobs electronics FC1000 ignition box and a jacobs coil. This box and coil are identical to the box and coil stated to be used in jeffs install page. So I wire it up, and nothing. So I check for spark by grounding the "green" wire goin to the ingnition box, and great spark. Good deal, hook it up again and great, the car actually starts. Well it works for me for a week, I regap the plugs .01" larger and great, my fuel milage is back to where I want it. Now I get up this morning to go to school, turn it over, and it gives me the old FU and doesn't fire. So I check for spark, and it could be weak but its hard to tell. Coil is good, .8ohms. Can't check for fuel untill i get the tools. Could this be a faulty box, or just somthing else I did wrong? My tack jumped around when it hit 5500-6000 rpm when it worked. I'm getting really sick of this car and any, i mean ANY suggestions will be more than great. Thanks.

Ryan
Tyler17rose

Re: Ignition Problems?

Post by Tyler17rose »

From what ive read the tack jumping around is normal. It can be fixed with some sort of resistor 3055 or something like that from what i remember. Other then that i have no clue what your problem could be. Maybe your external coil tower on your cap isnt perfectly installed. Goodluck!
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”