if you have the Mazdaspeed exhaust..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
masonholmes
Supporting Member

if you have the Mazdaspeed exhaust..

Post by masonholmes »

Opinions? I know it is mega-expensive, but the word on the street is it has nearly no drone-factor to it at all. All of you that have been without an exhaust/muffer or have done some other aftermarket/custom exhausts know exactly what I mean, lol. (where it's deafening inside the car around 2-3k RPM) I've dealt with alot of drone in my MX'ing years, and at this point am ready to pay for performance without the drone.. So if you have this exhaust, I'd love to hear what you think about it etc. The quicker the response, the better, as I figure I'll be buying soon, lol. Also, if you can include if you have a 1.8L 6cyl or 2.5, and if you have headers/a catylitic converter and all that.
Thanks!
1993 MX-3 ~ SE * 2.5L Swap'd
1993 RX-7 ~ Rotary Performance Built
1996 MX-5 ~ M-Edition * Topless, Daily Driver

masonholmes@hotmail.com
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Re: if you have the Mazdaspeed exhaust..

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

i've never heard of anyone on the site buying it.. lol.. over $600 for a catback exhaust just to lose the drone? yea ok :freak:
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Damn right xXx_OTEP_xXx!! $600 bucks lmao :confused2:
superslacker

Post by superslacker »

the drone does get annoying... that's why i just always go fast and keep the RPMs HIGH! :2thumbsup: barely opening up the throttle will silence the drone too if you're just drifting along.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

drone?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

...you know what he's talkin' about.
aggressivemx

Post by aggressivemx »

get a muffler with a silencer, i like that sound though, i think it sounds cool
Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drum
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

Yah it sounds cool until you're girlfriend finally flips out about the noise it makes...lol :confused2:
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Money always comes back somehow guys..anybody who cares to dissagree - tell me why and how you are on a computer right now. :p It also has excellent dyno numbers. There are a few peeps on-list who have it, but they tend to do headers with it at the same time. Headers seem to be where the drone is really at - having to do with the different length collection pipes which causes the bouncing of soundwaves etc, but I cannot do headers this year. (and am not gonna waste the money on them - as most people do, until I can actually use them.. meaning at least regrinds to suck in more air) Also, from what I've read, it seems to quiet the drone without headers, but I would like to see what any owners who have it say in regards to this. Not to be a putz, but I don't need any of ya saying it's expensive and you like the deafening roar. -I asked for input on owners of the system, OR of course, anybody who has a well-flowing aftermarket/custom setup, that actually does not have the drone, I'd love to hear from you as well. I'd like to see dyno numbers on the two different Pacetter exhausts if anybody has them as well. My 2nd GS came with one, which I'm sure had to be the quiet version. It was nearly OEM quiet, and sounded good under acceleration, but I'm sure it was fairly restrictive too..
Thanks

masonholmes@hotmail.com
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Mazdaspeed tends to make good products that show good gains on the dyno. Who's to say that they would make that kind of commitment to the MX-3 though. :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

Yeah, mandrel 2.5" I believe, which is actually bigger than I want.. But I spose if I'm gonna have the same exhaust for a long time, and I actually do my po-bo stage2 engine package next year.... hahahhaa. (headers/ZE heads/regrinds) Also, they claim 4.2hp on the dyno, but I have not figured out if that was just installation of the exhaust of if they wee measuring with the headers on too. (same goes for the sound level question) I need to call and ask Derrick I spose. I may just be that guinea pig, lol. (if he says it killed the drone without the headers, then yea..) Somthin else that sucks..takes a month to get it over here from japland, heh. Oh well, it will be at least that long before the engine's in I spose anyways. (but still, I'm droneing now, haha)

masonholmes@hotmail.com
masonholmes
Supporting Member

Post by masonholmes »

BUT, the other thought, haha.. For the price of that exhaust I could complete/do my suspension setup, also Mazdaspeed, lol. All their endlinks/bushings/strutmounts, with new Tokico's and my old Eibach's I've had laying around forever. (original set from years ago) But then I still need an exhaust, and I don't really wanna restrict the 2.5L when it gets in there, lol.

masonholmes@hotmail.com
playaa

Post by playaa »

what do you mean by drone?
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

drone is the sound when your crusin in like 4 gear doing like 45 kinda half way on the throttle, the sound that makes your ears feel like the bleeding..thats drone
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

is it 2.5 inch pipe?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”