Parking Brake Light Stays On

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jutzi420

Parking Brake Light Stays On

Post by Jutzi420 »

My e-brake light on the dash stays on all the time. It didn't start like that though, at first it would just flicker on when I accelerated hard through 1st to 2nd, then go off when I was no longer pulling hard, but it became more frequent and now is on all the time.

I checked the switch on the lever when the problem was still intermitant, and it seemed to work fine, also the rear brakes are funtioning properly. Is the wiring for that light tied into anything else that might cause this problem?

I should be getting my car back Tuesday, and I'd like to spend a bit of time trying to fix it during the holidays, not a major issue but kinda annoying.
ClutchedMX

Re: Parking Brake Light Stays On

Post by ClutchedMX »

it likely means your rough on your hand brake or your running out of brake fluid...or both
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

do you have ABS? if you do, it might have some electrical problem.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MX3KL08

Post by MX3KL08 »

I would guess that your low on brake fluid. Thats what happened to me.
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I'm not rough on the brake, I only use it to park, and I don't have ABS, so I guess it must have been the fluid level. When my K8 gave up the ghost I noticed the resevoir seemed down a ways, I topped it up but I haven't driven it yet for obvious reasons. I replaced the discs and pads all around about 6k ago, and checked the levels periodically during about the first 3k and the levels were fine... I wonder what happened.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”