car not starting

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tical

car not starting

Post by tical »

My mx-3 has been sitting for the last 10 months due to losing my license. Anyways, Im ready to go but the cars not wanting to start. Ive figured out its not getting a spark and I tracked that back to the distributer cap. The caps not puttin out a spark either. Now I want to know if it could be anything else but the cap, rotor button, or the ignition box, because Ive already got those but havent got to put them in yet...

thanx

justin
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
tical

Re: car not starting

Post by tical »

doesnt anyone have at least one cent on this...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Charge up your battery. It most likely went dead from sitting. It should fire right up after you charge it. :2thumbsup:
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
tical

Post by tical »

i did change the battery, the sharter turns but no spark to the distributer...
tical

Post by tical »

i need some input please
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Start tracing all your leads back to the ECU.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”