NEED A FIX FAST

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Oliver

NEED A FIX FAST

Post by Oliver »

Ripped apart my engine today to change the timing belt,some leaking gaskets and seals, put in a new fuel filter, some KL01 Cams and finaly my intake spacers. Well, got to the cams and my front head is wore right down where the cam seal sits in. I almost lost my mind when I saw this. Now my question, can that be fixed, and if it can't, who has a head for a K8 engine that I could buy? Any information would be a life saver, because I need my car by next week. Thanx.
ADB98

Re: NEED A FIX FAST

Post by ADB98 »

I would say its time to junk yard search. I know where you could find one if you were in Northern Florida but not in Canada. How many miles do you have on her??
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

I think i seen one on Ebay not too long ago. It was brand new from mazda and only around 100 bucks.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out that this is a pretty common thing on these engines, and a guy fixes them in Saskatoon. But now I have a new problem, I rounded off one of my head bolts. :eek: So now what does a guy do to get that @#$#@ out of there? The engine has 140,000km on it.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

drill the head off of it
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Universal Engine is the company, and Jack is the name of the person that fixes them in Saskatoon. If anybody actually wanted to know.
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Take a Picture I wanna see this.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I have a few k8s in my garage from ZE swaps. IF your interested let me know and I'll put u in contact with the right persn who owns them.
Oliver

Post by Oliver »

Well, I managed to get the head off. It's going tommorow to get fixed. So in about 7 days or less I should be able to post the results. Thanks for the help that was givin.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”