V12 anybody

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JasonH

Re: V12 anybody

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by fabius:
Think I'll need custom shocks too for the back but there easily available here on mail order.<hr></blockquote>
You're better off to pull the whole front end out of another car and adapt it to the rear. You'll have everything from struts to sway bars and even motor mounts. You can leave the steering rack out and fabricate something to keep the wheels straight.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Doing this with auto trannies would be much easier. easier to shift gears. Also would allow some differences in speed between the front and rear engines.<p>[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: TsiMiata ]</p>
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
fabius

Post by fabius »

thanks for the idea of stipping the front of another mx i even know of one going for 350 euro, cos they ain't worth a sod here
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Just thinking of the clutch effort working two clutches - could you adapt a brake servo to work on the clutch master cylinder ?
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
fabius

Post by fabius »

as regards the clutch i was going to get a lever fabricated to increase the pressure on the lines without having to use 2 feet to push it down. lol
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

I think that will result in an extremely long pedal travel; its inescapable if you want to multiply force with a lever arrangement.
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
fabius

Post by fabius »

by connecting a lever to another lever its possible to multiply the force it the same arrangement a a pulley. a pulley with one wheel in it is less effective than one with two and so on....
IanL
Supporting Member

Post by IanL »

Very true, but the length of rope you will have to haul through the two-sheave tackle to raise the load any given distance will double, compared to the single-sheave tackle. Length of rope is analogous to pedal travel.
fabius

Post by fabius »

what I'd hop to do is to have that travel occur in the engine bay as opposed to the foot well but that's the least of my worries for now
fabius

Post by fabius »

forgot to mention got the second engine today so i'll be ordering new ring and things soon and I start measuring soon. wish me the best
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>its a studeabaker done ghetto mad max throwback style, but thats what makes it so cool!<p>twin chevy 350's with big old honken blowers on top<p>firts one is hooked into second and has a clutch between them, second one was hooked up to a automatic of some sort<p>thing that I first saw was 8 lug axles and was wtf? truck axles on this thing, insane then I saw the first engine and was ok, then looked back and saw no 2 and was omfg!
<hr></blockquote>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”