very bad vibrations while driving

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Buff1110
Supporting Member

very bad vibrations while driving

Post by Buff1110 »

ok heres the set up
klze, mazdaspeed motormounts, clutchmasters 3, stock springs, new struts, new axles, new ball joints, new tie rod ends, 4 wheel alignment<p>originally my car was lowered and as soon as i put the ze in i had this horrible shaking whenever i went left. so i put back my stock springs and it sorta fixed the situation so i would only get this horrible shaking when i was turning a hard left and accelerating into the turn. well now i get the bad vibration in all gears whenever i go wot, turn left, or hit a dip in the road. the vibration shakes the whole car and u feel in in the floor under ur feet.
now iv read that a few other people had similar experiences and said that the passenger axle is a little bit to long and to get a protege one. will this fix my problem or is there something else i should look into?
please post any comments, all help is appreciated.
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
MarcJ

Re: very bad vibrations while driving

Post by MarcJ »

This sounds like a axle or CV problem. Also double check your motor mounts.<p>Marc
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

heres the thing though, both axles are new and i also put in new mazdaspeed motormounts when i did the swap. im thinking possibly bad ball joint or hub bearing??
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I called my shop the other day and they said that they couldnt trace back what axle i got. All i can remember is that its about 3/8 in. shorter. Wish i could help more. I also changed my lower ball joints b4 i went with the axle, i still have a very little vibration though i cant feel it in the steering wheel it is still there. Really need to get it to the shop.
65 shot > V8
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

do this..
Jack up your car, see if your wheel has any play in it, Not rotational, more vertical play. If so, its your wheel bearing. I just replaced mine in my RS yesterday. If so, be forewared, you have to have a machinest press out and back in the new wheel bearing.<p>also, stock axles work fine w/a ZE. Ive done 2 swaps already and both use stock axles. No vibrations, and one is using the same mounts you have.<p>[ August 01, 2003: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</p>
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

i checked my wheel bearings and there fine, my balljoints and tie rod ends are good also. the struts have a lot of play in them, the struts i have are kyb gr2. they seem to turn a lot, i used all the original parts from the old struts except for the strut itself. so the top piece and all that is original.
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
dewthis

Post by dewthis »

I think i have play in my suspension. Sometimes when i am riding down the road i feel a constant bounce like my struts are messed up. I have a vibration but it is very small. You know the car is 11 years old its about time for everything to wear out.
65 shot > V8
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

maybe one of the struts is bad, or wheel is not balanced correclty, or maybe its just wheel hop:-)
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

my struts are pretty new, kyb gr2, there oem replacements so i was thinking maybe i need a heavier duty strut, wheels are balanced and its not wheel hop.
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

my struts are pretty new, kyb gr2, there oem replacements so i was thinking maybe i need a heavier duty strut, wheels are balanced and its not wheel hop.
Dan
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

It's definitely one of the axles. With the car lowered the geometly on the CVs can be pretty steep... if you go around a turn too fast you can screw up the cv joints (often you can't see it torn or anything) It only takes one time. Try getting a remanufactured axels, about $70 each w/ core.
GS-R SE
Fixin's

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”