car keeps on stalling

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pizzamr2

car keeps on stalling

Post by pizzamr2 »

the car keeps on stalling.<p>what could be the problem???
i just put back the OEM air filter and when i test drove it..it still went low..but not enough to stall..but i think it'll stall on longer drives<p>
we would drive it and then when we slow down at a red light, the car will stall..heck sometimes after a turn it'll stall too<p>is it the battery or alternator?<p>how do i test both?
Spida

Re: car keeps on stalling

Post by Spida »

I had a charging problem with a car once, if it’s your alternator you will know because the lights and electronics will dim / slow down. Eventually the car was running poor (not all cylinders firing) and then it died, but a jump from another car would give me a few more Km before it died again. When my battery went on my mx-3 it just wouldn’t hold a charge. Another problem you could be having is fuel delivery i.e. bad fuel pump or clog some where in the system (I would check the fuel filter first cause it will be cheaper) Finally last problem I can think of is distributor/ignition system failing but it doesn’t sound like the common problem mx-3 igniters have where the car stalls when hot and runs fine after cooling down

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”