Time for a new exhaust. What you got?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Spida

Time for a new exhaust. What you got?

Post by Spida »

Well my old stock exhaust has finaly had it and I am in the market for a new high performace setup. I was wondering whot other people have on their cars in terms of mufflers, size of pipes, did you take out your resinator, did you add a highflow cat, and how these changes affected your cars performance/sounds levels and tone.
BADMX3

Re: Time for a new exhaust. What you got?

Post by BADMX3 »

I've got a straight thro system with no cat!
a universal twin carbon fibre exhaust 4.5" tuneable tips.
the zaust looks amazing and the sound is out of this world! better than i ever thought it would be. I've been told the sound is more unique than a subaru impreza with down pipe.
Put it this way people hear you coming from a long way. Definately the sound of a bigger sports car. I'm well impressed and wouldn't have it any other way :D
don't think there's any performance increase tho.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I got the pacesetter catback..best bang for your buck. Mandrel bent, 3 year warantee..<p>I also hollowed out my cat, sounds great...runs nice
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

I had pacesetter for like year and a half, than threw out the muffler and put on Ractive straight through muffler. It's louder than pacesetter but like someone else said, people will hear you.
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

p.s. if you go to search, and type in "EXHAUST", i'm sure you'll find this topic a million times in the last year or so, with everyone's opinions
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

custom bent 2.5" tubing, JUN titanium muffler with 4" tip, bomz 2.5" universal free-flow cat.<p>the car isn't running yet, so I can't tell you how it sounds :( waiting on my klze...might be running this upcoming weekend if i get my motor tuesday
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Tyler17rose

Post by Tyler17rose »

Magnaflow race series muffler with a 4 inch tip. Sounds amazing! super deep, growls at high rpm, and a little loud... lets just say i dont ring door bells anymore.
Mods:
- ZE, Mike seli 214 intake cams, Ported n polished heads, Interprep valve springs, DE retainers, rebuilt bottom end, toga main and rod bearings, toga hv oil pump, CZT 67mm tb, mbx udp, ported intake mani, SS headers, 2.5inch full exhaust, racingbeat muffler, highflow cat, megasquirt v2.

new toy, 86 TII rx7, JDM S5 motor/turbo, + alot of other goodies
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

2.5" catco high flow cat, 2.5" wide bent piping, 24" bullet resonator, 18" bullet muffler, 2.5" tip, I haven't found a single person that doesn't like the sound of my exhaust even the muscle car guys....
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

2.25 no ct to a glass pack capable pipe.<p>stock manifolds for torque<p>but i like the sound of the brullen :shrug:
13.023 @ 105 mph
Spida

Post by Spida »

Ok. Thanks to all those who replied. I have decided to go with 2 1/4" pipes, high-flow cat, Magnaflow race muffler. I will see if they can keep the resonator but there is a leak right in that area so it might have to loose it. All goes in on Thurs so i hope to get a few pictures of it that night and maybe post them here .I have a feeling this will be a super loud system but hey it will just be more incentive for me to get a bigger sound system.
M0RDECHA1 MANDELL

Post by M0RDECHA1 MANDELL »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Spida:
Ok. Thanks to all those who replied. I have decided to go with 2 1/4" pipes, high-flow cat, Magnaflow race muffler. I will see if they can keep the resonator but there is a leak right in that area so it might have to loose it. All goes in on Thurs so i hope to get a few pictures of it that night and maybe post them here .I have a feeling this will be a super loud system but hey it will just be more incentive for me to get a bigger sound system.<hr></blockquote><p>get a glass pack or high flow res. your car will be super loud without res. If you don't mind gettin harrased by police then go ahead with it. I have the exact same set up and it was too loud so i bought a magnaflow resonator and it sounds crisp.
"They're 2 types of people in this world, people that work for money and people that make money work for them."
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lazzyie:
2.5" catco high flow cat, 2.5" wide bent piping, 24" bullet resonator, 18" bullet muffler, 2.5" tip, I haven't found a single person that doesn't like the sound of my exhaust even the muscle car guys....<hr></blockquote><p>got a sound clip?
Coodoodxx

Post by Coodoodxx »

Hey i just have a reactive double dtm style with no resonator, its damn loud. My neighbors hate me. :D
'93 mx-3, 1.8L V6, Red
Spida

Post by Spida »

Well got it all on. Sorry no pictures yet, was too busy showing it off to wash it last night. The mechanic convinced me that the res was not needed and felt all those complaining about it had taken out their cat but he was wrong. My ears hurt when I accelerate thru 2000 to 3000 rpm. The trunk sort of acts to amplify the sound. So I have an appointment for Tuesday for the mechanic to put on a resonator

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”